Is This A Good Cat Food Brand

Louloua :-)) Noor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone ,i am wondering about this new cat food brand i found
My cat is 2 years old that eats half wet half dry and is usually picky with dry food
I found a food called (DAD'S from local family farm )in a new petstore i got original chicken flavor which my cat liked
Any one knows about it
I am sending pictures of its coverView attachment 183757View attachment 183758 View attachment 183759

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Louloua, the attachments didn't work for me, can you try posting them again?

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
I found it, they also sell it at Walmart. The first ingredient is ground corn meal so for me that would be a deal breaker. It also has wheat gluten meal and soy meal which I also don't want in my pets food.

Cats are obligate carnivores and their bodies weren't designed to handle grains. It's great that you feed half wet food, if your kitty likes wet food and your budget allows, you can stick with wet food only.

Their are some grain free kibble out there that some members seem to really like. I'm sure people will offer some advice on what they've found to be a good dry food option.

Welcome to TCS, we are glad you are here and we absolutely love seeing pictures :redheartpump:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I found it, they also sell it at Walmart. The first ingredient is ground corn meal so for me that would be a deal breaker. It also has wheat gluten meal and soy meal which I also don't want in my pets food.

Cats are obligate carnivores and their bodies weren't designed to handle grains. It's great that you feed half wet food, if your kitty likes wet food and your budget allows, you can stick with wet food only.

Their are some grain free kibble out there that some members seem to really like. I'm sure people will offer some advice on what they've found to be a good dry food option.

Welcome to TCS, we are glad you are here and we absolutely love seeing pictures :redheartpump:
If this is the case, I share your sentiments completely.

yasmincittaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
LotsOfFur is right, I'd recommend you look for dry food that has no grain and only meat. I feed both my cats the Wellness brand. If your cat is under a year then I'd recommend you feed it the kitten formula. If its a year or older any of the adult cat food would do just fine! They also have an adult indoor cat formula that you could try. They also have wet food if you decided to stick with that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone , thank you for the reply i will send the atachment again
I an currently in jordan so options are limted and prices ate high in pet food
20170611_191356.jpg
20170611_191356.jpg
20170611_191425.jpg
20170611_191433.jpg

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found the indoor formula of DAD'S
But the petstore told me since she's picky chicken would be good

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Can you find another food? Cats are obligate carnivores, so it's best if meat is the first ingredient.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have tried many foods lots seem to have the same problem or she doesnt like them

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad used to feed that brand of cat food to our outdoor cats when I was a child. I don't know if it has the same ingredients as back then, that was so many years ago. But they had mice, birds, rabbits to supplement their diet, since they lived outdoors. If you try it, I would definitely feed some canned food along with it. Did you already buy it?

Vega's Dad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello from Canada! :)
My girl is feeding half dry/wet now. The dry is Orijen, which is 85% animal and no grain.
There is only one other case I know and I may not able to draw a conclusion: I was watching a cat for few months after he changed from another brand to Orijen. His fur felt better and he seemed more active. But, again, this is just one case.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat eats as i mentioned before half wet half dry

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here's the ingredients.

Ground Yellow Corn, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Beef Meal, Soybean Meal, Animal Fat (Preserved with BHA), Natural Flavor, Ocean Fish Meal, Salt, Choline Chloride, Iron Oxide, Taurine, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Thiamine Mononitrate, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (Source of Vitamin K Activity), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Cobalt Sulfate, Potassium Iodide.

I would recommend finding something better like others have suggested. All that Meal seems to be something that they just poop out. You may think you're saving some cash but you're not. Acana and orijen are more preferred. Try something with a high meat content and you can transition if your cat is already eating this. So for example. chicken by product meal is beaks, feet and feathers.