Is This A Flea?

Eleora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found this on top of my cats fur while she was sleeping, Is it a flea? I am pretty sure it is, it is very hard and it took ages to drown it I eventually put it on a block of soap then put it in between some sellotape incase I need to show the Vet. My cat Molly is treated with stronghold monthly so why is it on her? Do you think it tried to go into her fur then started dying?
IMG_1352 (2).JPG

Last edited:

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kinda looks like a flea. My eyes are not the best :( My cats are all indoors, but fleas still get in, somehow. So i treat them monthly as well. If they get in the house there is no way to keep them from getting on the cats. Just hopefully the flea meds work and kill them right away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eleora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
kinda looks like a flea. My eyes are not the best :( My cats are all indoors, but fleas still get in, somehow. So i treat them monthly as well. If they get in the house there is no way to keep them from getting on the cats. Just hopefully the flea meds work and kill them right away.
Molly is also an indoor cat but sometimes she likes to sniff about the stairs in my flat.. maybe one jumped on her from there :( Fleas are so horrible they are like teeny ugly little demons :O

Eleora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its about the size of a mustard seed or poppy seed. It didn't jump it might have been dead I thought I saw it move in the water but I am not sure because I was half asleep.

Erinlinkcappy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its about the size of a mustard seed or poppy seed. It didn't jump it might have been dead I thought I saw it move in the water but I am not sure because I was half asleep.
Oh that is small - must be a flea! I get very paranoid about ticks.

Fleas are really hard to kill - I always crush them. Sounds like your flea treatment slowed it right down / started killing it and you finished it off.

Eleora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh that is small - must be a flea! I get very paranoid about ticks.

Fleas are really hard to kill - I always crush them. Sounds like your flea treatment slowed it right down / started killing it and you finished it off.
Lol yay! :hyper:

Eleora

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When the fleas jump on a cat and start to die is it because they tried to bite the cat? or do they just die from being on the cat? Just wondering how the flea preventive treatments work.