Is this a feral Applehead Siamese Cat?

lovehope37

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This cat has bright blue eyes and is VERY feral. He hisses when I try to pet him. I live in the Northeast of the US and it is snowing a lot and very cold. I feel bad. I have seen this cat since last year and has actually fathered one of the litter of kittens I came across. He is nice with other cats and when I put on of his kittens near him, he protected it. Now I don't have the kittens nor the one he made pregnant since they turned out to be sick and had to be put down.
Any suggestions if this could be a Siamese cat? He does not have any defects that are visible and his hearing is beyond perfect so I don't know why he has blue eyes unless he is of a purebreed.
Any suggestions on how to catch him? I want to try to tame him and get him shots and neutered.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, he is surely a point "siamese mix". His masque isnt clearly visible because his whole head is black, but he is a point all right whole he.  Seal (=black) point with white, to be more exact.

Are his paws white too?  If so, he will be mitted seal point...

He doesnt need to be purebred.  Its enough both of his parents  were carriers of the point gene, and one of four kittens will be pointed.  The parents could be almost anything, and the littermates also.  

Re your plans - yes they are sound, please plan on spaying him.

Best you have this question in our Ferale and Stray forum, you will get advices aplenty there on all this hows and whys...

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovehope37

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes his paws are white. He surely needs a bath and I feel like it will be a hard cat to catch and get use to humans. Maybe bribing him with food can let him trust me.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes his paws are white. He surely needs a bath and I feel like it will be a hard cat to catch and get use to humans. Maybe bribing him with food can let him trust me.
Yes, its a good beginning.  But as said, please ask this question in our subforum for Ferales and  Strays... I too use to be there, so I will see you.

Re his colors, so yes, he will be called for mitted seal point.   Mitted means with lotsa of white (its a special extra gene, the word mittes is used in connection with points) seal point means he is black on his darkest places.   His rest of the body will too be more dark with time, although it will not be completely black.

Good luck!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful cat, Lovehope37! He looks a lot like our snowshoe mix, who's in my avatar: she has similar white patterns, though a large white patch on her face.

I live in the northeast, too, so know all too well what you mean about the horrendous cold. I agree with StefanZ: perhaps someone in the Ferals and Rescue forums, or even someone from a local shelter or animal control department, could give you suggestions on the best and fastest way to lure this guy in.

Also, in the for what it's worth category: Our snowshoe is very, very shy around strangers (she hides and doesn't come out when people come over) but has become extremely affectionate with us. She wasn't feral but she's a rescue cat from a too-many-cats situation and was horribly underfed when we adopted her. She hid for days but now spends most of her days on my desk, sleeps by my feet, and even lets me pick her up, on her terms, of course. Apparently snowshoes are known to get particularly attached to a favorite person. I hope you can be that person for this sweet-looking cat!

Good luck!