Is There Such A Thing For Smart Water Fountain That Tracks

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
...how much they drank?

there's one for regular bowls that track food, but i have not seen tracking water fountains.
i suspect roman isn't drinking water at all and is going to the litterbox with small pee clumps again *pulls hair out* :mad: he's on his c/d diet (wet).

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I did a search and didn't come up with a waterer like this but maybe someone else would have better luck, either directly on a website like 1-800-petmeds, Only Natural Pet's website, or something like that...
- can you add a little water to that food each time you feed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!
I did a search and didn't come up with a waterer like this but maybe someone else would have better luck, either directly on a website like 1-800-petmeds, Only Natural Pet's website, or something like that...
- can you add a little water to that food each time you feed?
i answered my own question

Pawbo

but they are out of stock for now :(!
anyways, he's toned down since going to the litter box 8 times today. I gave him 2 cans of c/d and sprinkled a tbspn of dry hills. maybe i mixed up (wrong) dry food or something. that gave me a scare. he avoids all wet if i add a little more water to it, oddly enough.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
he avoids all wet if i add a little more water to it, oddly enough.
I was afraid of that.
Just out of curiosity, can you try the liquid from canned vegetables, or tuna juice? I've read about taking a can of tuna, mashing it a bit, adding some water to that and letting it sit for a little while so the water absorbs the tuna flavor :)

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was afraid of that.
Just out of curiosity, can you try the liquid from canned vegetables, or tuna juice? I've read about taking a can of tuna, mashing it a bit, adding some water to that and letting it sit for a little while so the water absorbs the tuna flavor :)
i wish we could just buy tuna juice because i dont eat tuna. he always think it's for him though lol.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe make tuna casserole for your mom for helping pill the cat? Or aas a very wise man once said, "with enough mayo anything is good."

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i will try all suggestions thank you. cat milk will be harder to get a hold of but i'll start the tuna thing again. or start weighing my water fountain and the water in it. vet tech said because he's pissing, wait til monday. but idk its hard to tell because his diet is 98% wet and he's back to small pee.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm guessing the fountain has a tank that you fill that fills a bowl. If so, just to make it harder, is your furnace running? If so, it's taking some of the water from the fountain. The a/c does to, but not as much.

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm guessing the fountain has a tank that you fill that fills a bowl. If so, just to make it harder, is your furnace running? If so, it's taking some of the water from the fountain. The a/c does to, but not as much.
my furnace is always running otherwise there's no heat/ac in here. there's no tank though it's just a porcelain fountain bowl.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it was a thought because I'd noticed just this past week that SG's bowls were suddenly half-full. She drinks 'like a dog' since her foster aunt was a dog, but not a half a bowl's worth. Yes, I don't change her water every day. She like the rest of the cats I've had won't touch water until it's sat for a couple of days. We have excellent water here, but it has chemicals in it to make it safer. Long ago a vet told us, that cats like to let the chemicals leave the water. (No, I have no idea how they do that, that's just what the vet said. If I could do science my life would have been very different.)

badw0lf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
is that the same thing as letting stagnant water sit there for a day or two and it drastically tastes different because it's nasty? i change it every 2 days because if i let the water run too low (day 3), the motor on it stops working.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's city water. That means it smells a little sharp when it's first run out of the tap. It doesn't taste nasty so much as flat after a couple of days.

We did best with pools, large enough for the dog to lie in, one was inside in the living room (this is hard on your floor but the dog loved it and couldn't do the stairs to the yard any more where her old pool was.)

New dog, who is a house dog, has the pool in the yard, which is rain water and tap water and doesn't get changed that much, but she persuaded the birds stay away from it. It doesn't get changed much cause it's heavy and this is a committee decision. SG is not allowed in the yard.

I know rational people don't keep wading pools in their yards, but the dogs have always liked them and I want water available for anyone who is looking for it and can't find it anywhere else.

Oh yeah, same vet said not to let them drink out of the pool because the birds would get in it and birds were to be avoided.