Is there Bengal in him?

Raven82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey I'm new here, hello from Scotland.
I travelled to Penrith in England yesterday to pick up this little guy from a lovely farm lady, she didn't give many details as I don't think she knew the dad cat, she said mum cat went outside often and came back pregnant then had this lovely little fur baby, she said he's 13 weeks old, he looks big in the pics, but is actually really tiny. I'm curious about his markings, can any of you nice people shed any light on them please. Thank you.

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a classic marble patterned tabby! He would be considered a brown and black DSH (domestic short hair) tabby. He will have the 'M' on his forehead above his eyes too. I have only had one marbled tabby in my life, I think they are very special! He is gorgeous!

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you share more photos of his pattern (from the sides), as well as some shots of his head? Ideally in good natural lighting.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Raven82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's a classic marble patterned tabby! He would be considered a brown and black DSH (domestic short hair) tabby. He will have the 'M' on his forehead above his eyes too. I have only had one marbled tabby in my life, I think they are very special! He is gorgeous!
Thanks for clearing that up for me, it's very much appreciated. Yeah, I think he's special too as I've never owned a cat with such beautiful markings.

Raven82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Could you share more photos of his pattern (from the sides), as well as some shots of his head? Ideally in good natural lighting.
Hey, yeah I can do that, I'll get them posted up for you soon.
Thank you.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He could easily have an ancestry of a marbled bengal. But there are also other breeds with quite a fancy classical tabby pattern.
So its not impossible he does has an Ancestor, dad or granddad, but we cant know for sure which.

What is the looks, colors and pattern of momma?

Raven82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He could easily have an ancestry of a marbled bengal. But there are also other breeds with quite a fancy classical tabby pattern.
So its not impossible he does has an Ancestor, dad or granddad, but we cant know for sure which.

What is the looks, colors and pattern of momma?
Hi StefanZ. I never actually thought about it from an ancestral point of view, it's curious though now that you mention it, I have a picture of mum, but can't access it at the moment, but as soon as I can I will show you her. She's quite big looking, mostly black with what looks like a little patch of tortoiseshell on her face.
Thank you.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beauty❤ Beautiful pattern. He looks like a classic brown tabby dsh to me. He could have some bengal down the line. His eyes look green maybe which is so pretty with his color.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Maurey, hope these pictures are okay for you to get a better look, it's the best I could get just now as he's a lively little thing.
Thank you.
His pattern is quite intricate, but it’s definitely classic tabby, not marbled. I also don’t see any Bengal influence in his head shape. He’s a cute little black tabby DSH.

Sadly, looks like you were lied to about his age, he looks closer to 8 weeks, too young to have left mum. His eyes still look baby blue to me, and his head shape doesn’t seem mature enough for 13 weeks yet. Especially given he probably hasn’t received his vaccinations yet, I’d suggest booking him with a vet. Hands on, should be easier to determine his age, and get him any appropriate shots. Getting him a general once over is also a good idea 🙂