Is There Anything I Can Put On A Scratch On My Cat?

Quanners

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all,

My 1 year Himalayan/Persian has a small scratch on his head near his ear.

Is there anything I can put on it to maybe relieve its itch, and help him feel less irritated. IMG_2824.JPG IMG_2820.JPG

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve heard Neosporin works as long as it has no painkiller added. We have also gotten small antibiotic creams from the vet, I can’t recall the name at the moment.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. IMO, you could try chamomile tea (standard commercial tea bags from the grocery store, which are generally German - not English - and have no additives), brew it with water, cool the liquid, and dab it one the scratch multiple times a day. The tea has both soothing and healing properties.

bitkit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Vetericyn has worked well for me in the past.

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Neosporin works great. Just make sure the wound is not getting red and there his not a lot of discharge (a little bit of clear discharge that goes on to scab is fine).

The more important thing is why does the cat have that sore? Is it just a single abrasion or one of many? Is her ear itchy? Look inside the ear for discharge and all over the cat fo fleas. You get the idea...

And welcome to The Cat Site. Please come back and let us know what it turns out to be.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Raw honey works well, too. As long as your cat does not have diabetes. it can be very helpful with small scratches.