Feedback Is There A Way To Clear Old Alerts? Also, Is It Possible To Permanently Set Font Preferences?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I apologise if I'm being dense here, but I can't see a way to clear old alerts. It would be so much easier to be able to clear them once they've been seen/dealt with. My memory is appalling, and I keep losing track of whether I've checked a given alert or not :rolleyes:

This isn't really a problem, but it'd be nice to be able to set my own font preferences in my account, rather than selecting them every time I post/type. I prefer this font (Book Antiqua) as I find it easier to read, but keep forgetting to select it when posting replies - especially when I'm tired or rushed (like I said, my memory is worse than a sieve these days :rolleyes2::lol:)

On the positive side, overall the more I use this platform the more I like it. Great job @anne and the rest of the admin team :clap::thumbsup::rock:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
If there's a way to clear them, I can't see it. I'm seriously thinking about turning them off in a couple of weeks and just depending on email notifications, since they can be deleted.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
On the test site it looks like they deleted themselves after a week, but not sure how it is set on here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks guys. It hadn't occurred to me that the alerts would mount up like this, as there was so much less going on on the test site!. I'll wait a week and see what happens.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Columbine Columbine . I really like your font text, because, yes, it is very easy to read.
Can you explain what Size you are using?
And were you able to Set it permanently, in your preferences, anywhere?
(not sure how it looks on a phone, will check later. thanks)

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As AbbysMom AbbysMom says, there's no way to set it permanently yet (good to hear its on the wishlist though :thumbsup:). Its Book Antiqua, and I leave the font size settings as they are (think it's size 4) :winkcat:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
As AbbysMom AbbysMom says, there's no way to set it permanently yet (good to hear its on the wishlist though :thumbsup:). Its Book Antiqua, and I leave the font size settings as they are (think it's size 4) :winkcat:
Thanks Columbine Columbine . I find it easier on my eyes, too. I actually like it better than Times New Roman, now.
I'm a bit on the lazy side, so I may wait until it's permanent. But for now, I'll just try out the extra one step. :hellocomputer:

D

Deleted member 115554

I apologise if I'm being dense here, but I can't see a way to clear old alerts. It would be so much easier to be able to clear them once they've been seen/dealt with. My memory is appalling, and I keep losing track of whether I've checked a given alert or not :rolleyes:

This isn't really a problem, but it'd be nice to be able to set my own font preferences in my account, rather than selecting them every time I post/type. I prefer this font (Book Antiqua) as I find it easier to read, but keep forgetting to select it when posting replies - especially when I'm tired or rushed (like I said, my memory is worse than a sieve these days :rolleyes2::lol:)

On the positive side, overall the more I use this platform the more I like it. Great job @anne and the rest of the admin team :clap::thumbsup::rock:
Please do not keep setting font while posting. It changes the font for everyone for that post and ruins the look of the site (different posts in different posts).

I understand that not everyone likes every font and some of you would like to read the posts in a different font.

I will create a solution for that so you can set your own font from your profile and you will view the posts in that font (without changing it for others or messing up the site aesthetics).

However, if you hard set your font during every post, that solution will not work :)

As for alerts, have you tried "mark forum read" and "mark articles read"?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
See, I find the font the two of you are using tiny and difficult to read. :lol:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please do not keep setting font while posting. It changes the font for everyone for that post and ruins the look of the site (different posts in different posts).

I understand that not everyone likes every font and some of you would like to read the posts in a different font.

I will create a solution for that so you can set your own font from your profile and you will view the posts in that font (without changing it for others or messing up the site aesthetics).

However, if you hard set your font during every post, that solution will not work :)

As for alerts, have you tried "mark forum read" and "mark articles read"?
:eek::oops::cringe: I am SO sorry :paperbag: I was having fun with the new possibilities! I never meant to cause issues, and I certainly didn't mean to mess with the site aesthetics, especially after you've all put so much hard work into it Don't worry about setting up a custom font option in profile setting either (at least, not for my sake :winkcat:). I'd honestly never even have thought of different fonts if the option hadn't been there in the toolbar! :headshake::sorry: :footinmouth:

I've found the 'mark forum/articles read' functions already :thumbsup: I was meaning a way to delete the alert notifications themselves once I'd dealt with them - I have a dreadful memory, and keep losing track of which ones I've looked at already :rolleyes: It's absolutely not a big deal though :winkcat:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
No reason not to add it to the maybe down the road "wish list". :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 115554

Don't worry about setting up a custom font option in profile setting either (at least, not for my sake :winkcat:).
No problem.

If I do that, it will probably solve two issues at once: personal font and personal site background color (since some people prefer something other than bright white).

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
It becomes even harder to read in quotes...
Yes, I can see that it becomes extremely small in the quote section. :cringe: :lol:
(And I noticed that on my Nokia Windows phone, it's slightly smaller, too.)
It just looked really good on my computer, except for the quotes. ;)
:eek::oops::cringe: I am SO sorry :paperbag: I was having fun with the new possibilities! I never meant to cause issues, and I certainly didn't mean to mess with the site aesthetics, especially after you've all put so much hard work into it Don't worry about setting up a custom font option in profile setting either (at least, not for my sake :winkcat:). I'd honestly never even have thought of different fonts if the option hadn't been there in the toolbar! :headshake::sorry: :footinmouth:

I've found the 'mark forum/articles read' functions already :thumbsup: I was meaning a way to delete the alert notifications themselves once I'd dealt with them - I have a dreadful memory, and keep losing track of which ones I've looked at already :rolleyes: It's absolutely not a big deal though :winkcat:
Hey, Columbine Columbine , don't be sorry. I'm kind of glad that we get to test out all the features, and do cause 'some issues'.:oops: This way it all gets sorted by @CvP,:compsurfing: so we don't mess it up later on, down the road.
(Like testing out all the new features of a car, or if I knew horses, which I don't, it would be like testing a new saddle, new reins, new shoes,...idk. You know what I mean. :bluepaw:)
I was meaning a way to delete the alert notifications themselves once I'd dealt with them - I have a dreadful memory, and keep losing track of which ones I've looked at already :rolleyes: It's absolutely not a big deal though :winkcat:
I too have an awful memory. So if something like Bold/Unbold, or making the Alert notification list fade out, once the page has been visited, would be helpful.:)