Is There A Proper Way To Introduce 2 Kittens To Each Other?

Opi-the-furry-conductor

The viking and the princess
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well the hubby is loving opi a lot and is getting use to him more quicker then I thought. He suprised me at lunch today asking did I think Opi was lonely and would like a friend. So I asked "You want another kitty? Yeah I'm sure he would love one. ". My hubby then replied " Let's get him a beautiful girl cat that will Make him say wow she's hot!". We bursted out laughing XD. So were seriously considering getting another kitten a girl this time. It won't be very soon maybe in around 2 or 3 months. Could be sooner it all depends how we can get our schedules more flexible for another kitten. So before we get one I was wondering should we introduce the kitten a special way? Any tips?
P. S. Talked the hubby about fixing Opi soon and explained why he didnt object yay. Also prayers and fingers crossed we can get another kitten soon and hubby won't have second thoughts thanks.

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
abyeb abyeb beat me to it, but that article should contain everything you need to know about introducing cats.

I see that you're newer here and that I completely missed you joining apparently, so I will say welcome to TCS!

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It varies depending on age. Under 5 months they warm to each other quickly with little to no danger. 6 months to a year they are usually pretty accepting of newcomers but do a lot of posturing. They older they are, especially unaltered, the more potential danger or stress.
I usually start by introducing the new cat to my controlled space and then letting the cats mix under supervision.