Is There A Problem With My Kittens Claws?

Tibby123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was checking my kittens claws the other day and I found some scaly crumbly substance on them. Is this a normal thing or because they are dry or does he have some sort of fungal infection? And does anyone have any advice on what to do? He still wanders the house and has not gone outside yet.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tibby123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It looks like clay to me. Do you use clay cat litter?
Umm I'm not sure it doesn't say anything on the packaging about clay? But we give him clumping litter so maybe it is. Sorry if I sound silly I've only had this kitten for two weeks aha

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does the litter look like little gray crumbly rocks? That would be clay litter.

And welcome the The Cat Site! We hope you and your kitten will be members of our community for many more years.

Margret

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Take a damp cloth and see if you can wipe away the grey stuff. If it comes off, as I suspect it will, it is likely just caked litter, caused by kitten stepping in his pee as he covered. If it doesn’t come off and seems to actually be part of his claw, then have your vet check it.

Rennie72

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was checking my kittens claws the other day and I found some scaly crumbly substance on them. Is this a normal thing or because they are dry or does he have some sort of fungal infection? And does anyone have any advice on what to do? He still wanders the house and has not gone outside yet.
Sounds like he may have clay under his nails??