Is there a hands-down all around best canned food for cats of all ages?

cluckingduck

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Several folks on this forum like a variety of foods, for their own reasons. I was wondering if there were a consensus on the best canned food? I know, raw is preferable, but not to a pair of 70-somethings who worry about cross-contamination in the kitchen, availability of supply, etc. I want to be able to online (or locally) order canned food for our cat.
We have been INfrequently feeding Life's Abundance; we usually feed Ziwipeak Lamb or Venison, and less frequently venison and fish (NZ fish has far less heavy metal due to the local fishing). We are getting ready to re-incorporate Feline Nature back into the rotation, as the 'newer better' Ziwipeak isn't as acceptable to our cat, especially the venison.

And YOUR favorites, and why? 

THanks. I appreciate it.

PS.. I also use a sprinkle of Ziwipeak air-dried lamb or venison mixed in most of the time.

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think FN is the best, but ZP Is close. Tikicat and Weruva are ok too.

What about freeze dried raw like Primal, Stella and Chewy, Feline Naturals (freeze dried) or Northwest Naturals? They're use HPP so much lower risk of bacteria. Also what about pre-made raw like Rad Cat? all you do is thaw and feed, so it's no real bacteria issues or issues sourcing meat. 

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tikicat and Weruva are very low-calorie, so not really appropriate as a sole diet for kittens. Hmm, it's hard to pick "the best for all ages" because every food has good points and bad points, and may be more suitable for cats in certain stages of life. Maybe By Nature or Nature's Variety, if I had to pick.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can't go wrong with natures variety limited ingredient flavors. There are some peas but they're whole so i just pick the few out. The limited ingredient ones are sole proteins. This food also has a higher amount of calories than i've seen compared to other brands. And yes Weruva is extremely low calorie. Not worth the money in my opinion. I also like pride by instinct and "i and love and you."

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I tend to agree with this list myself:

Today’s best cat foods–reviews of canned and raw options

My cats love the ZiwiPeak Fish & Venison (I know that's sadly being discontinued) and the Limited Ingredient Rabbit from Nature's Variety. I can't feed chicken due to intolerances/allergies, so Feline Naturals is out for me. Wild Calling seems promising and I'll likely try that when I start getting low on cans again.