Is there a dry catfood for diabetic cats?

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat, Goofy, has diabetes.  It is controlled with insulin and Friskies wet food...only certain varieties.

I seperate him out at meal time to feed the others Royal Canin Mature, dry.  Not the biggest fan of dry, but I simply cannot keep feeding 10 cats wet food.  It is eating my bank account up every month.

I want to do the best for my cats and have for over 30 years.  Goofy feels left out when he gets seperated out and does not tend to eat as much without his buds at the bowl with him.  Is there a good diabetic food, dry, that he could eat along with them.  I wonder if I could feed the others it as well.  Of course, all info will be run past my vet.  I do nothing without his input regarding my cats health.

Thanks.

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Epigen 90 is the highest protein and lowest carb dry food. It is very expensive though! Might not be much less than all wet .Maybe Goofy could be seperated for some meals just to get more wet, and eat with his buddies for the dry. I would try a higher protein dry food like EVO chicken and turkey. It's not a special food for diabetes but from what I understand higher protein and lowest carbs would be a healthy choice for all cats, especially a diabetic one.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat, Goofy, has diabetes.  It is controlled with insulin and Friskies wet food...only certain varieties.

I seperate him out at meal time to feed the others Royal Canin Mature, dry.  Not the biggest fan of dry, but I simply cannot keep feeding 10 cats wet food.  It is eating my bank account up every month.

I want to do the best for my cats and have for over 30 years.  Goofy feels left out when he gets seperated out and does not tend to eat as much without his buds at the bowl with him.  Is there a good diabetic food, dry, that he could eat along with them.  I wonder if I could feed the others it as well.  Of course, all info will be run past my vet.  I do nothing without his input regarding my cats health.

Thanks.
None of my cats have Diabetes, nor have I had experience with feline Diabetes.  I *have* had dogs with Diabetes so I know a little about it.  This site is helpful and might be a starting point for you in your quest for answers http://www.felinediabetes.com/diabetic-cat-diets.htm