is the original drinkwell fountain dishwasher safe?

venusgirltrap

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Obviously not the motor, but can the rest of it be placed on the top rack of the dishwasher?

Thanks!

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No, it melts. I even put my dishawasher on no heat dry and some of the smaller parts melted.

I got the new 360 and can't believe how little time it takes to clean - especially compared to the original. There were so many small parts - agh!

The new one has four total and I love it, love it, love it...

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I have put mine through the dishwasher. Top shelf, no heat. I think you need to know your dishwasher. I did find that the motor became hard to take out after that but a little petroleum jelly around the gasket helped made it easier.

I find though that it is just as easy to wash by hand if I keep up with it weekly.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used the dishwasher for the main 2 big parts a few times. Top rack only, and turn off the hot dry. I hand washed everything else. Usually I just hand wash everything. I soak them in hot soapy water, and a little bleach. If I leave them in there a while, it washes up really well (usually I forget I was cleaning it and come back an hour later
).

furrypurry

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have the Drinkwell Platinum and it didn't survive the dishwasher. The uptake section warped so that it wouldn't fit the bottom. The company did send me a new part free of charge, because they do state that it's dishwasher safe. I hate cleaning the thing (just did my weekly cleaning today) but I hated having to fill up water bowls every night, too. And my cats drink much more water with the fountain so that makes mama happy.