Is That The Best You Can Do?

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Tourmaline (laying down) is unimpressed with Treasure's yowling. These two get along very well. Remember they are feral cats and so the rules are very different. Most cats really do not sit and groom themselves in the middle of a fight. Right now they're outside eating together. I've seen Sopdet do the same thing to Treasure until she has enough and then it's hiss/swat and he goes and lays down next to her. These cats go the entire 9 yards when playing. haha

View media item 423816

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Tourmaline is more bothered than you think, he is TRYING to show he doesn't care, and is also trying not to move a muscle to keep from being attacked!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Really? Is that why these two eat together? Like I said Tourmaline is really not impressed. Most cats don't sit and groom themselves in the middle of a fight. Treasure and Sopdet do the entire 9 yards during play. You would think those two were really fighting but they are just playing as Treasure and Sopdet are for the most part inseparable.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They can and do out of nervousness. If they are housemates and friends they are just trying to establish who is top cat at that moment, as long as there isn't any out and out fights, everything is good! My two brothers do that for a while before they tussle, and scratches do occur so I try to step in before they get to that point.

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand that but these are outside all the time feral cats. The rules are different. Again Sopdet and Treasure do this all the time and neither one tries to exert dominance. They play fight the entire 9 yards. Unlike little Fluffy who has a nice warm room to go to these feral cats depend upon these skills for well you know to stay alive. These two are friends. I've gone out many times and they get easily distracted thinking I"m bringing them something to eat.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't mean to have you feel that way, I'm sorry. It is a wonderful clip, and it IS funny seeing them interact like that! After all YOU know them better then anyone else. Please know as long as no one is getting hurt, it is funny to see Tourmaline act so nonchalant! He is probably pretty used to all the racket!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't mean to have you feel that way, I'm sorry. It is a wonderful clip, and it IS funny seeing them interact like that! After all YOU know them better then anyone else. Please know as long as no one is getting hurt, it is funny to see Tourmaline act so nonchalant! He is probably pretty used to all the racket!
I think Tourmaline was more annoyed that my pan cam was following their every move. She's not used to that whereas Treasure is so used to it by now he even ignores me when I talk through the speaker. Haha. The two were on the porch for 45 minutes before this clip. Treasure just has so much energy, always wants to play that most of the other cats get annoyed with it after awhile. Tourmaline looked like "I just want to stay here and rest" but Treasure is like "Come on. What's wrong. Let's play" type attitude. I think that's why Shaman took off is because she wanted to eat and then rest, not play 24/7. lol I just don't understand who could have dumped Tourmaline though. She's a beautiful cat and for someone to just get her and dump her breaks my heart. I hope she can handle our cold weather but Cooper did last winter.

Treasure thinks it's his duty to teach all the dumped and abandoned cats how to fend for themselves. They run til the newbie tires and they rest and then pick it up again.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never understand how anyone could just dump a cat, the poor things are terrified, starving, and bewildered.I had so many show up when I lived in town. I even have 2 now, way out here in the country. Tourmaline will be fine, she has you! I always remember that cold weather means more food. Bless you for caring for these little ones!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
I was watching another playback after the one above. He chased her down 2 steps and she sat down like "I'm tired". He sits down and looks at her like "You have got to be kidding me? How will you ever survive if you have to rest this often?" lol Then the 2 looked off in two different directions and finally both got up and walked separate ways.
I hate leaving him outside at night but Mom is allergic. He makes me feel so guilty at times.

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a hut made for him? I have heated pads for mine and they absolutely love them. They last for years. I know, I always tell my house cats they are SO lucky. I wish I could bring them all in, it does hurt to know they are cold. But I guess they got it better then most!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes. They have shelters and tents and pet carriers converted to sleeping area