Is she really a Lynx Point Siamese ?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Lynx point definitely, even if the eyes arent really blue.  but siamese?  probably not. Surely not modern type siamese, but probably not old type siamese either.

Unless you do have suitable paperwork and or a solid and safe background.  In this case if you presented me CFA papers she is a purebred old type siamese "Thai", I would say she is a pet quality.   Sorry, but YOU asked.   :)

Points are interesting.  They are an example of the old saying "you need two to dance tango".  The parents may have any looks, but if they are both carriers of the point gene, one or two kittens in the litter will be points - not seldom look alikes of old type siamese...   Such happens for example in the Russian blue breed, because they used some blue pointed siameses way back 70 years ago, but they havent used known point gene carriers in the breeding programme since 50 years.  And still they do pop up now and then.   Sometimes to the horror of the breeder, but other breeders do marvel of the natures wonder...

Siamese Queen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is beautiful ! Lynx point are interesting. I rescued 3 kittens, the female looks like a Russian Blue, while the two boys are more lynx point. I am guessing they are not full siamese though. One of the boys has the stripes, whilst the other is a light grey and silver. It was only when one of them was sick and at the vets that I found out about the lynx point siamese.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is beautiful ! Lynx point are interesting. I rescued 3 kittens, the female looks like a Russian Blue, while the two boys are more lynx point. I am guessing they are not full siamese though. One of the boys has the stripes, whilst the other is a light grey and silver. It was only when one of them was sick and at the vets that I found out about the lynx point siamese.
Pics are welcome!

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
There's a surefire test to see if your cat is Siamese.

Step 1. Close a door so that you are on one side of the door and your cat is on the other. be certain that your cat knows that you are on the other side of the door.

Step 2. Wait 5 minutes

Step 3. Analyze he sounds your cat made during those 5 minutes.

-if your cat was quiet, your cat isn't Siamese.
-if your cat meowed a bit, they also aren't Siamese
-if your cat began to scream like they were 10,000 babies who were all being boiled alive the moment the door shut, and they didn't stop until you opened the door your cat is Siamese! ;)

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Step 1. Close a door so that you are on one side of the door and your cat is on the other. be certain that your cat knows that you are on the other side of the door.

Step 2. Wait 5 minutes

-if your cat began to scream like they were 10,000 babies who were all being boiled alive the moment the door shut, and they didn't stop until you opened the door your cat is Siamese! ;)
:flail::flail::flail::flail:
Either a Siamese or a bengal:lol::lol::lol:
My Persian X does it too, however, so he may think he is a Siamese ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Step 2. Wait 5 minutes

Step 2. Wait 5 minutes

Missy would scream her lungs out !!!
:livid: