Is She Pregnant?

BlazenlyObvious

Kitten Foster Momma
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, so 2 weeks ago my mom called me and said they found a cat who had been dumped outside our old house. So obviously I took her in.
She was very thin, still is, and had a lot of healing wounds on her nose probably from fights. We took her to the ER vet that evening to scan for a microchip (there was none).
She’s intact, the vet confirmed, and we noticed her nipples were a bit swollen so I asked the vet if she could possibly be pregnant. The vet did a quick ultrasound but didn’t see anything, however she also said she could just be too early to see anything. The vet agreed her nipples were swollen, but said it could also be because she was in heat (however we haven’t noticed any signs of heat since taking her in).
She eats a LOT! And she’s very affectionate.
I got a picture of her belly but she wouldn’t let us hold her long enough to get a good picture of her nipples. So,what do you guys think? Does she look pregnant?
I have experience with pregnant cats, thankfully, so I know what to do if she is. But I don’t want to take her to the vet again for another 2-3 weeks just to see if she continues to get bigger, plus if she’s too early in they won’t see anything on the ultrasound. (I also don’t have the money for another vet trip at this current moment unless something dire happens).
DE380D43-8867-42B4-9E6E-40FE0E374514.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s difficult to say, but in general, intact cats will be pregnant if they’ve been outside. You’ll know soon enough, so hold off on any vaccinations for now as they can cause fetal damage in the early stages. You’ll want to get her wormed, but if she’s not showing signs of problems right now, I’d hold off awhile anyway. If she’s not pregnant, you can get her spayed in a few weeks. :)