Is She Pregnant?

Becca132

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View media item 421352
Can anyone tell me wether she is pregnant or not?? She’s a cat I have recently taken in as her previous owners moved house and left her behind :(
I noticed her enlarged pinkish nipples a few days ago, she seemed like she was getting fatter which is why I checked.

She’s long haired so just in case, I’ve trimmed the fur on her stomach. So I can keep an eye on any changes & to make it easier for her if she is actually pregnant.

I have already lined up homes for potential kittens as a precaution and will be getting her and any kittens spayed or neutered before I let them go to new homes.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yep, she looks and sounds pregnant to me.

Will you be spaying and keeping mom after her litter weans?

They need to stay with mom for 12 weeks.

Feed mom unlimited food while she is pregnant and then while nursing.

Thank you for taking her in!

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to start giving her a saucer (3 - 4) ounces of KMR from now until she weens the kittens. Also feed her kitten food from now until she weens the kittens. She needs the extra calcium and protein for the kittens, then for milk production when she is nursing the kittens. Remember, a human mom is just eating for two when expecting. Mom cat to be may be eating for six or seven to be!

Good luck and keep us posted other and the kitten's progress!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Becca132

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you both so much for your replies I’ll try to answer all your questions ...
she will definitely be getting spayed as soon as she possibly can be after she’s had the kittens.
She’s really comfortable with me and my male cat (he’s neutered) so she’ll be staying with me.

I’ll be getting kittens spayed/neutered so they’ll be with me for at least 12 weeks maybe more.

And thanks for your advice about the KMR and kitten food. I’ll get those today as she’s currently eating felix adult cat food. ( she’s quite fussy )

Becca132

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys wanted to give you all a quick update.

Poppy is doing really well. Kittens are feeling very strong they are doing a lot of punching and kicking now & I’m feeling like there isn’t long to go now until we meet some kittens!

She’s looking very pregnant now too and eating a lot. I’ve been giving her adult and kitten food mixed together as she is fussy and wouldn’t eat the kitten food on its own.

I can see the kittens moving when she’s lay down.
Does anyone know how far she could be based on that?

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somethingthast might help mom cat is if you give her some KMR from now until she weans the kittens. The KMR will provide her with the extra calcium, calories and fat she needs now and when she is nursing the kittens.

Keep us updated, please!

Becca132

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

We have 4 kittens. 2 black and 2 tabby. So far there doing great. Put on between 9.2 and 10.1 grams each poppy is doing well.

After all my preparing she gave birth in my tv unit