Is She Pregnant?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is going into labor. Try to stay calm and also to calm your cat. It could still be awhile. See if you can settle her down with you in a room.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roguescavenger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is going into labor. Try to stay calm and also to calm your cat. It could still be awhile. See if you can settle her down with you in a room.
Okay I brought her in the room, pulled the blinds up for her to sit by the window and started clearing a way to her two nests I made her. My friend who lives here said she was fine all day, so she must have just started going into it?

roguescavenger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is still playing and eating like everything is okay, but I still see discharge. As well as if I leave the room she chases me and meows at me until I come back and meows at my friend and mom.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Most likely she is having early labor. Stage one can last 24 hours. The clear discharge also occurs 2-3 days before labor, so I can't be positive if it's starting or not. If not, it will be soon.

Her hormones are in high gear. Many pregnant cats want their person nearby as they go through labor and delivery.

roguescavenger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Most likely she is having early labor. Stage one can last 24 hours. The clear discharge also occurs 2-3 days before labor, so I can't be positive if it's starting or not. If not, it will be soon.

Her hormones are in high gear. Many pregnant cats want their person nearby as they go through labor and delivery.
Everyone here is saying she's not even pregnsnt because she's not very big at all, so I worry they are all right and it's nothing more than just her being in heat. But she doesn't lift her butt in the air or do much of anything but act normal and meow and want to be around me more.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like labor coming soon, but if she really needs the vet, you'll have to find time to take her.

roguescavenger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like labor coming soon, but if she really needs the vet, you'll have to find time to take her.
Of course I'll have to cancel things and take off work if it comes down to it. She is now yowling, is that normal?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she's having painful contractions it's normal. Can you sit with her and comfort her?

roguescavenger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she's having painful contractions it's normal. Can you sit with her and comfort her?
She only does it a bit, then lays down and seems fine. I've sat with her and pet her when she doesn't want to go lay somewhere else

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she's crying when she has contractions, and resting in between.

roguescavenger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she's crying when she has contractions, and resting in between.
Do you know when she might have kittens if she is already having contractions? I don't see her trying to push or panting or anything.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Like I said before, IF she is laboring, stage one can last 24 hours. I really can only go by what you are telling me about her condition.

Do you see her having contractions? They look like ripples in her belly.

roguescavenger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Like I said before, IF she is laboring, stage one can last 24 hours. I really can only go by what you are telling me about her condition.

Do you see her having contractions? They look like ripples in her belly.
I didn't pay close enough attention to her stomach. I was mainly just petting her face when she laid down. I'll try to catch it when she is meowing.

roguescavenger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen any rippling, but her stomach is very hard now.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
It does sound like it will be soon, all of my momma's bellies have gotten very firm right before. She could be small now because the kittens have dropped into the birthing canal as well!
Any update?

roguescavenger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No kittens this morning! But she was extremely restless all night. Even today she seems really anxious.

roguescavenger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it normal she would constantly want to get in the window and look out? She kept waking me up getting stuck in the blinds.