Is she part Calico Abyssinian?

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Bumping to see if anyone might have a clue. The top photo kitty is who I am talking about. :)

It is the closest we could find.
Her foster dad said she was Abyssinian, but he found her outside and medicine drip fed her and then bottle fed her until she could eat wet and then dry food.
She has huge paws... monster paws. Can jump like you would not believe...The other two can not jump even close to her. Funny she almost never uses her nails.
Very social, which I read most Abyssinian are, but are not. They do not cuddle or hang out with their humans, but do like to entertain.
She does it all. Social with the other cats and the dog. She puts Louie in his place.
Of course we don't have a clue what the parents were. She was found alone. :( Is it normal for a momma cat to have one kitten?

We sure are in love with all 3!
《《《《《 This pretty girl.

Last edited:

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful kitty you have.  While she is adorable, it doesn't appear to me that she has abyssinian in her, she looks like a very beautiful Domestic Short Hair most likely Tortoiseshell with White (as the official coloring) since she isn't mostly white (which is what Calico's are)  Abyssinians are a very rare breed, I work for a vet and in 20+ years have maybe seen 20 or so of them purebred, so it is doubtful she is part abyssinian.  They usually have shorter, extremely soft hair with ticking.  She is very adorable and you are lucky to have her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
@cprcheetah

Her hair is silky soft... like nothing we have felt before. HUUUGE paws. I wish I could explain it. Is there some way to take a photo of the hair. Holy cow.
Do paws tell their full height eventually? Or can cats have huge paws and smaller bodies?
Looking at her feature and reading the descriptions, she fit 90 plus percent of the Aby. We could be way, way off. Just going off of what foster dad said. Maybe he planted thoughts. Lol.

I wouldn't know what to look for had her foster dad not said the mom was an Aby. She was a show cat and now just for breeding :(

I am still not sure of the whole story.
First I thought the mom was feral...
After talking to the foster dad last night... sounds like the dad is feral or unknown, the mom got out of a neighbors house.
Neighbor did not want the kitten and was going to dump it (not even take her to the humane society) as it wasn't pure bred (sicko.. makes me so sad), so foster dad took on feeding it from a dropper and then a bottle and then wet and was on wet and dry mix when we took Mew on at around 7 to 7.5 weeks old according to foster dad.

He could have been blowing smoke trying to impress us? We really didn't care what kind of kitten and had never heard of this type before. We just wanted a buddy for our other two girls.

None the less... we love our girls a lot!

Thank you for your help. I so appreciate the chatter. ♡

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Her hair is silky soft... like nothing we have felt before. HUUUGE paws. Holy cow. Do paws tellLooking at her feature and reading the description, she fit 90 plus percent of the Aby.
I wouldn't know what to look for had her foster dad not said the mom was an Aby. I am still not sure of the whole story.
First I thought the mom was feral. After talking to the foster dad... sounds like the dad is feral or unknown, the mom got out of a neighbors house.
Neighbor did not want the kitten and was going to dump it as it wasn't pure bred (sicko), so foster dad took on feeding it from a dropper and then a bottle and then wet and was on wet and dry mix when we took Mew on at around 7 weeks old.

He could have been blowing smoke... we really didn't care what kind of kitten and had never heard of this type. We just wanted a buddy for our other two girls.

bigperm20

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She would be considered a domestic short hair. No purebred genes that I can see. This doesn't make her any less special. It's just that less than 2% of all cats in the entire world are pedigreed. To further decrease the odds, very few pure-bred kittens are sold before neutering. Breeders do this for ethical reasons, and to protect the breed standard.

She's very beautiful. My "soul-kitty" was a Calico colored kitty. She is greatly missed.