Is She Going To Give Birth Soon?

CharliesKittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I'm new here. My cat Bluebell is pregnant with her second litter.
This morning she stopped eating and only ate some kitten biscuits when I hand fed them to her (lazy girl). She is constantly licking herself, to the point it's really annoying ;) She also has been lying down the majority of the day even when she isn't asleep. A lot more lazy than she was yesterday. Hasn't meowed much at all and she was really noisy yesterday so it's a big change. She also hasn't set foot in her nesting box for two days when she always went in it before. I don't know if that's important. She has drank some water and is okay with me stroking her head, not too keen on anywhere else though. But seriously this cleaning is mental. Will she give birth soon?
Thank you all in advance xx

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is your cat? Have you noticed her stomach dropping at all? No idea when she mated?

Do you plan to spay her after this litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CharliesKittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is just under 3 years old. Yes her stomach dropped yesterday and it is a lot more like by her back end rather than the middle. No idea to be honest when she was mated unfortunately. Yes we plan to spay her, this litter was due to an irresponsible house sitter who let her out whilst we were away. She won't be going out until she's spayed :)

CharliesKittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ooo I'm very happy to hear that thank you Stefanz

lockiedox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was absolutely silent throughout the whole labour and delivery and had her kittens in the middle of my bedroom floor after sleeping in her nesting box for weeks leading up to it!

I would imagine she is quite close with the change in behaviour just make sure to check in every half hour or so as she may have her kittys without you hearing a thing!

Let us know how she gets on and make sure to post pictures of your new bundles of joy

CharliesKittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so she started nesting last night but it was only one pull of a towel. Then just now she has went into the box which she hasnt been in for a while. And has flipped all the blankets and towels over herself and is lying underneath it? She hasnt come out yet and its been 5 minutes. Anyway that I can rearrange the towels to be flat without her screwing them up again because I don't want the kittens to get squished? Thank you
P.s. She's just started nesting again in the box (very aggressively)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Let her be for now. You can rearrange the towels after the kittens are born. It could be awhile anyway. :)

CharliesKittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi sorry for the delay, I fell asleep cat watching ! Anyway today she has eaten but she doesn't eat it very happily. Like she's hungry but she doesn't want it? She came for a cuddle a minute ago and (a bit awkward) her genitalia is kind of swollen as I couldn't see it yesterday but now it's obviously there! You can see the kittens moving around a bit. She has been sighing a lot, she seem's like she's not very happy about them still inside her. Still sleeping the majority of the day and night. Oh and no milk yet, apart from dried milk. Hopefully some news soon !

SiameseHimi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is doing the same exact thing! I'm hoping for kittens soon as well

CharliesKittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yey! She is now producing milk, and not eating :)