Is She A Smoke Kitten?

Jayne89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone We have a litter of 3 Ragamuffins one boy and 2 girls. One girl is blue the boy is blue but looks a bit different maybe blue smoke and other girl maybe black smoke what do you think? Dad is silver so smoke is possible.
Thank you.

Attachments

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a cute bunch of snugglebugs. I don't think any of them are smokes, but someone else may have a different idea.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jayne89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What a cute bunch of snugglebugs. I don't think any of them are smokes, but someone else may have a different idea.
Thank you they black has some very defined markings on her plus a very light belly which made me question what colour she was as when she was born she was pretty much just black.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OK, first, I'm totally kittensmitten. They are cute to the point of absurdity!

Smoke...maybe. But the thing is that baby coats can change pretty drastically in the first few weeks. What I would suggest is putting this particular question on the back burner for 6-8 weeks, see how they develop, and then go from there! WHATEVER they do, I WANT ONE!

dere @jane89. She cant have one. Lubs, Hekitty, the current cat.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The 3rd one, maybe. The other 2 look solid.

OK, after seeing your other thread I think the black one might be smoke too. It'll be easier to tell when they're a bit bigger.

Jayne89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you I think it will be definitely be easier when they are older.
They are very sweet kittens I cannot wait to see how they grow and change

Jayne89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Um...if you could post some photos as they grow, with their precious little tails showing, you would be feeding my addiction doing me a huge favor!
I will definitely update with more pictures and with tails too :D

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Can you post a picture with the fur lifted so we can see the roots of the hair? That's really the only way to tell if a cat is smoke.
This is my black smoke (and white) girl. Just looking at her you can't see her smoke at all unless you lift the fur.
MissP_WrappingGifts.jpg

MissP_smoke1.jpg

Jayne89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you post a picture with the fur lifted so we can see the roots of the hair? That's really the only way to tell if a cat is smoke.
This is my black smoke (and white) girl. Just looking at her you can't see her smoke at all unless you lift the fur.
View attachment 268997

View attachment 268998
She has no lights roots but another breeder ive spoken to said it can take until they are 5/6 weeks to see especially in mid to longhaired cats.