Is Rogaine hurting my cat?

LeiLatte

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had tried topical rogaine a few times months ago. I stopped because I happened to read online that it’s toxic to cats and someone’s cat died from exposure.

My cats sleep with me and it’s possible they could have licked my hair at some point. Several months later (6-9 months) one of my cats is very sick. It breaks my heart because he’s only a year old and 3-4 months, and he was healthy prior.

Now he has slowly lost weight over a few months and suddenly started vomiting, gagging, wheezing sometimes, barely eating as of last week. I brought him to emergency because I thought he swallowed a foreign object. It’s so hard to get vet appointments now. There is a 3 week wait at all the vets so we spent $1000 at the emergency vet.

Our regular vet is still waiting for resupts, but he is testing for Felv, fip, fiv, pancreatitis. He also said the cat has a heart murmur/enlargement which nobody mentioned before in exams when he was younger. It’s possible he always had some disease that is only manifesting itself now. But after the test results if there is no cause I will ask the vet if this could actually be rogaine toxicity. It would break my heart to see him suffer he is so young.

Last edited by a moderator:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would seriously doubt it this many months later. I'll pray for your sweet boy, I pray it is something treatable........