Is one brand of dewormer enough if feeding raw?

AnnieLu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I currently transit my cats diet to raw. Currently, I apply Revolution on my cats to prevent parasite but it only treats roundworms and hookworms. Do I have to apply other dewormer that kills tapeworm and whipworm?

Also which one would you suggest, Interceptor, Revolution or Profender? Does anyone know Milpro? I found it on Australia website. It's an allwormer brand but seems like not so popular in US.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
You don’t need to use any dewormer for a raw diet. Just get your meat from a reputable source.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tapeworm is usually transmitted to cats through them swallowing a flea. You can get your kitty tested for parasites if you like with a stool sample. Profender treats tapeworms too in addition to roundworms and hookworms. There are also pills like Bayer Dewormer pill that only treats tapeworms. (Personally I'm not a fan of doing everything at once. At most I use Stronghold, and two weeks later a pill for tapeworms.)

Regardless of the diet, it's the best to discuss with a good local vet as worms/parasites differ from one region to the other, season to season. In Australia there might be different needs especially now in the summer.