Is my rescued cat a Turkish Angora?

alabaster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got him from a local shelter. His personality fits the angora description, as well as his looks. 

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't tell you what breed he is, but I can tell you he's absolutely gorgeous! :D

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is gorgeous, but it is extremely unlikely he is a Turkish Angora. They are a rare breed and hardly ever found in shelters. If he had escaped from a breeder he would be microchipped. What do you know of his history?

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The head and ears are different from a TUA, but the coat looks a bit similar than an Angoras. Very unlikely that he actually has any Angora in him though. He is very pretty.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is very handsome, but most likely not a Turkish Angora as they are a rare breed. The odd-eyes (two different colored eyes) is more common in certain breeds, but it does also show up in the regular domestic random-bred (non purebred/no particular breed) cat population as well. He most likely is just a regular domestic longhair cat who happened to inherit the white color, longhair genes, and the odd-eyes...

If he is friendly and outgoing, you might considered entering him in a cat show because he is very handsome, and the household pet categories go mostly by looks (and health/grooming) so I bet he would do well.