Is my mama cat upset with me for letting her 9 month old daughter get super close with me??

LovinAZZY&SADA

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 3-year-old mama cat Azzy has recently over the past 4 or 5 months been spending increasingly more and more time outside and especially at night time it seems and I'm worrying that she might feel I possibly chosen her 9 month old daughter Sada over her or something. Sada always sleeps with me and Cuddles with me and Azzy comes in and see his Sada sleeping with me and goes to your food bowl eats and goes right back outside and I'm just super worried I don't want her to ever think I choose size or something and it hurts me and I don't know what to do to make sure she knows I love her 😭

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are they both neutered? They should be, and may help some with this problem... You ARE cuddling much with momma? Carrying her above dau too?

How is dau and momma? are they friends or does dau try to dominate over momma?

NekoM

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its really important to balance the attention. Has there been anything like peeing going on?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LovinAZZY&SADA

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are they both neutered? They should be, and may help some with this problem... You ARE cuddling much with momma? Carrying her above dau too?

How is dau and momma? are they friends or does dau try to dominate over momma?
Azzy is neutered now but her daughter Sada isnt yet ive been wondering if that has something to do with it. And i always have been close as can be with azzy momma and make sure to give her as much attention as she can stand but since movi g to a new place with a lot more room outside thats safe to let them out to roam Azzy just doesnt come in as much as before i leave the garage door open like 6 inches always so they can come and go and then come in the cat door but Azzy seems to stay outside and Sada stays in quite a bit more.
And most of the time Azzy lashes out at Sada and Sada cowers down to her sometimes Azzy is down right mean but i dont ever raise my voice to azzy when she lashes out I just say " girls dont fight" because I'm not sure if cats are similar to dogs in a way where if you reprimand them they just look devastated so I don't ever want azzy or either of them to ever feel like that.

LovinAZZY&SADA

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Its really important to balance the attention. Has there been anything like peeing going on?
No peeing. And for balance i try my best and always make Azzy feel as much love as i possibly can but for the most part since she's not been kitten she has been a loner but still I'd be able to get snuggles out of her but not so much the last half a year. It's just so devastating when you don't know if your animal is upset with you because they can't tell you or if they want something to be changed you're pretty much on your own and I pay such close attention to both of them and have my cat cameras up so I can see them and talk to them when I'm not home and make sure okay and just keep a close eye on them always so I always hope that if something drastically was wrong I would notice but it's just a change lately in her behavior and I'm not sure why whenever she's at the vet the vet always says she's perfectly fine and healthy but I'm not sure the vet can really tell by her health if she's happy in her brain in her head you know

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
How are they when you're not there? Are they normal?

Neutering the youngster would be a good thing.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, I too think neutering of the youngster is good, and may help.
1. Its anyway high time for this. Unless you are a breeder and plan to take litters on dau.
2. This may be the reason for the animosity. Dau is becoming of age, and momma knows this and is uncomfortable...

So, this will be my advices; neuter dau, use Feliway adapter - best the Felifriend version if you can get it; and continue to friendly talk them down...

Possibly also dont let momma out, but of this Im not sure - it MAY stress her even more.

LovinAZZY&SADA

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How are they when you're not there? Are they normal?

Neutering the youngster would be a good thing.
Yes i just recently found great insurance for my girls and getting sada neutered is my most important next step! Even when im away keeping my eye on the girls with their Kitty cameras I have all throughout the house and watching the yard shows basically the same actions as when I'm home so ill give some updates after Sada is back from the vet thanks😻

LovinAZZY&SADA

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, I too think neutering of the youngster is good, and may help.
1. Its anyway high time for this. Unless you are a breeder and plan to take litters on dau.
2. This may be the reason for the animosity. Dau is becoming of age, and momma knows this and is uncomfortable...

So, this will be my advices; neuter dau, use Feliway adapter - best the Felifriend version if you can get it; and continue to friendly talk them down...

Possibly also dont let momma out, but of this Im not sure - it MAY stress her even more.
Yes im going to have Sada neutered ASAP! I have no idea why it wasnt occurring to me as clearly as it is right now after having you mention it because I definitely do my research on everything possible about my cats but I always was assuming since they were mother and daughter that they should just get along I wasn't adding in the wild animal instincts that are inevitably there. So I'm very hopeful that neutering Sada will make for a much more peaceful relationship between the girls! As for keeping Azzy in without the option of her coming and going like the Little Queenie she knows she is makes her crazy upset and angry. I tried that on a couple different occasions and it never seemed to help because she was just so distraught about it I couldn't stand to see her like that. Thank you so much for your time and your responses it's much appreciated!!😸😻