Is my kitty pregnant?

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She can be yes! Always jumping on top of kitchen cabinets and the fridge, “stealing” food (that we left on the chopping board for her) etc, she’s a mischievous little gal but so funny!

Gabby is an excellent name lol! So cute 😻
The name fits your little lady perfect lol that's too cute!! I can't get over how pretty she is..
So if she is not pregnant, is she going to be spayed tomorrow or will you be setting up an appointment for the future?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

liam_9991

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
“very high likelihood of pregnancy” according to the vets, they did an ultrasound and there’s a few spots that she thinks might be embryos and i’ve to come in for another ultrasound next week

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i’ll be setting an appointment for spaying in the future i think. i can’t terminate a pregnancy
Make sure her and the kittens all get fixed, or the cycle will continue. No one wants to end a pregnancy but finding a forever home for a cat is hard and thousands are put down yearly for lack of homes already.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure her and the kittens all get fixed, or the cycle will continue. No one wants to end a pregnancy but finding a forever home for a cat is hard and thousands are put down yearly for lack of homes already.
I agree with this you will want to get the kittens all spayed/neutered before they go to their new homes as you can't fully count on other people doing so.. which will cause the cycle to continue. Also the health benefits of spay/neuter that are discussed in the link are great benefits.

gitabooks

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
While having an "oops litter" is never ideal, now that its happened you can enjoy the beauty of baby kittens!! Keep us updated!
I've assisted cat births multiple times and it truly is a beautiful miracle of life. Usually momma knows what to do but we've had a few instances where she didn't know to open the sac and let them breath. Miracle actually got her name because she had suffocated and we brought her back with CPR.

liam_9991

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i’m so sorry to bump this but here is my final update.

the picture i used in the initial post of my other cat’s nipples as a comparison between a potentially pregnant and a non pregnant cat?

turns out Judy is a boy. Who knew? my darling baby princess as i affectionately call her (him?) has been a boy this whole time.

not one vet corrected me on my use of feminine pronouns. time to get him fixed i suppose!!

liam_9991

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
edit; maybe i’m crazy. i thought i included comparison pics between my two cats. anyways i’m so tired and this is the funniest thing to ever happen to me. obligatory picture of Judy, the cat whom i thought was a girl for 8 months. sorry to bump
IMG_4247.jpeg