is my kitten pregnant?

FFFMMM

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
her and the her brother are 6 months (same litter)
I did neuter her brother 2 weeks ago (14 days exactly). she was kind of in heat the night before surgery. (at least I think she was). I am worried maybe she is pregnant! there are some photos of her nipple. Everything is normal and the same.
IMG_8111.jpg
IMG_8110.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FFFMMM

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know why I just became suspicious about it...

FFFMMM

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes I am going to spay her but if she is pregnant I don't know... I won't

FFFMMM

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is too young to have kittens at 6 months old, especially if she mated with her brother. There could be genetic defects. She is also still growing so a pregnancy poses health risks. I would advise getting her spayed now to avoid potential issues.
F FFFMMM
I will be honest. I have an app for spay soon. but if she is pregnant I have to double think...

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not in this case, she is literally too young. If she is pregnant, the incredible stress on her under-developed body means that instead of using nutrition for her own continued growth, her body will be robbed of it for the kittens, and the kittens won't be getting their full nutritional ration. You would be setting all of them up for issues and problems, which is so unfair. Besides that, the inbreeding situation is just wrong.

I hope she isn't. Whether she is or not, she needs to be spayed.

FFFMMM

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thank you for the answer. their doctor would only neuter at 7 months. as he said male reach sexual maturity at 7 months. at the time they were 5/5 month. she was in heat but he was too dumb to do something...lol.... I am just speculating. So I hope she is not pregnant or I might do the surgery even if she was. thank you again. Finger crossed :)

FFFMMM

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I meant dumb not numb ! lol
he is orange so it explains a lot!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
At this early stage of pregnancy, it would be a normal spay. I once dealt with a stray kitten who was clearly impregnated very young. She was unable to deliver her kittens and they calcified in her uterus, with one calcified in the birth canal. She was unable to be saved. It was terribly sad.

I know you’ll do right by your kitten.

FFFMMM

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't even know if she is pregnant but I have an app for spay. if she was pregnant she would be 2 weeks or so. IF. I am trying to google the shape of babies at 2 weeks pregnancy I can't find any....is iy equal to 3 months pregnancy in human?!