Is My Kitten Part Bengal Or...?

Ewaldron1988

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I adopted Bambi when she was supposedly 4 months old. I think she was younger. They said she was a brown tabby. However I think she is so interesting looking. She is striped but has spots on her belly. Also her face is different then any cat I have had. She has big eyes with eyeliner and patterns around them. Thank you!

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s cute! I’m not really seeing Bengal, though. Bambi seems to have a bit of “ticking” within her spotted pattern, which is something we don’t see in Bengals. Bengals also have a smaller, narrower head in proportion to their body. What I’m thinking, though, is that she might have some American Shorthair influence, since her head is fairly wide, especially for a female cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ewaldron1988

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s cute! I’m not really seeing Bengal, though. Bambi seems to have a bit of “ticking” within her spotted pattern, which is something we don’t see in Bengals. Bengals also have a smaller, narrower head in proportion to their body. What I’m thinking, though, is that she might have some American Shorthair influence, since her head is fairly wide, especially for a female cat.
Thank you for your reply, appreciate it! Yes she does have ticking. I never knew that about female cats. Well she’s very interesting looking and adorable! Thanks again!

JoZari

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know how to start a topic so I'll ask here. This is my new kitten.
I'm just wondering if he could have bengal in him. I adopted him 2 weeks ago. He is 6mo. He has a lot of characteristics and mannerisms as bengal cats.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What is the color of the eyes?

His coloration is unusual, so there is defintely something of an ancestry. IF he has blue eyes, he may even be a pet quality snow bengal (ie pointed bengal).

I'm just wondering if he could have bengal in him. I adopted him 2 weeks ago. He is 6mo. He has a lot of characteristics and mannerisms as bengal cats.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bengals are normally either spotted - typically rosetted, but common spots are allowed, or they are marbled, having a sort of refined classic tabby marbles.
Bengals arent supposed to be striped, but googling I saw there are breeders on striped = mackerel bengals.

Also, striped tabby is a strong gene. A bengal crossed with a striped tabby, will easily give a half bengal with striped tabby marks.

JoZari

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What is the color of the eyes?

His coloration is unusual, so there is defintely something of an ancestry. IF he has blue eyes, he may even be a pet quality snow bengal (ie pointed bengal).
His eyes seem to change. They are a deep Amber color.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OK, så he isnt no snow bengal. Still with this coloring his bengal ancestor was probably a snow bengal, with momma a mackerel tabby.

Its my speculations and guess, but I think its a sound shot.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
ps. Snow bengals are usually spotted or rosetted.

JoZari

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OK, så he isnt no snow bengal. Still with this coloring his bengal ancestor was probably a snow bengal, with momma a mackerel tabby.

Its my speculations and guess, but I think its a sound shot.
Thank you very much.