Is my kitten/mother cat on the right diet?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See... I wanna do that but then what guarantees me she would only feed her that... I would be just throwing out money I already don't have for nothing.
It's OK if she starts out by using the new food as a supplement to the mother cat's diet and slowly transitions to the new food. In fact, abrupt food changes can cause problems for cats.

Whiskas and Friskies are not the best foods ever, but it's not as though this mother cat is eating poison, or rotten scraps out of a dumpster. It's great to help out by getting better food for the mother cat, but it is not an emergency situation where the mother cat's food needs to be switched immediately to avoid dire consequences. No terrible harm is being done to the kittens or mother because she is eating Whiskas and Friskies right now.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mr_Kitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think the kittens have any health issues, unless I missed something.
Not to my knowledge. I am not sure what cataholic07 cataholic07 meant by that but maybe thought I said the kitten was sick. All I said earlier is that some people suggested it might be due to the food it is eating and lack of vet visits during the cat's pregnancy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mr_Kitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think the kittens have any health issues, unless I missed something.
I am not sure what cataholic07 cataholic07 was referring to but I think he may be thinking I stated the kitten is ALREADY sick due to the previous posts about the possible malnourishment which I was advised by some people I spoke to and the lack of Vet care for the mother cat during and after pregnancy. I think the kitten should be healthy. I will find out on my first vet visit as far as I know. You can't know everything but I will have a pretty good idea of how the kitten is doing.