Is My Kitten A True Pure Breed Or Did The Breeder Scam Me

Alypashong01

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi I purchased a male pet quality ragdoll kitten from a local breeder a few weeks back. He fits the ragdoll personality to a tee. The only thing that has me a tad suspect is his mother was a traditional pointed doll with big blue eyes dad was a mink with aqua eyes more on the green side however still definitely aqua my boy has dads aqua eyes but he is pointed and cream I meet both parents the breeder was very well informed I guess I just want to make sure i didn't get scammed

Attachments

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
The CFA and TICA breed standard does require for Ragdolls to be pointed, but since your cute kitten is pet quality anyway, that's not the concern. Did you get a pedigree on him?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alypashong01

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did request papers I have a Persian male who is TICA the breeder of my Ragdoll told me because he is a pet she will send the papers after I have him altered which is exactly what I did with the Persian. So no papers yet but I did see mom and dads paperwork

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I did request papers I have a Persian male who is TICA the breeder of my Ragdoll told me because he is a pet she will send the papers after I have him altered which is exactly what I did with the Persian. So no papers yet but I did see mom and dads paperwork
If the papers are legit, then he is a Ragdoll. :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You do see a creme point on your boy? If so, it should be OK. :)

I mean, I dont see, but the pics not terribly good perhaps

Alypashong01

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks!!! That's what I'm thinking as well I just didn't know if anybody else had ever seen aqua eyes in a Cream Point!

Alypashong01

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes he is pointed and mitted with boots he has the white chin and bib as well. Sorry about the pics

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thanks!!! That's what I'm thinking as well I just didn't know if anybody else had ever seen aqua eyes in a Cream Point!
Now, it may be why he was sold as pet quality. Not because there is any real fault on him, but the combo eye color and fur color isnt not in the highest fashions show-wise, so he wont make any Show carrieer... And thus - is seen as pet quality.

Not that I know anything about this exact coloration, Im talking from an overall knowledge.

Alypashong01

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That was my assumption as well and I actually like the aqua eyes they are very pretty in person I just wanted to make sure it is possible and I didn't spend a pretty penny on a moggie(not that they are not great)