Is my kitten a Siamese Mix? What is it mixed with?

Niki5sims

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I acquired this kitten as a rescue. I was told it was a chocolate point Siamese. I have had many Siamese in my 49 years of life and I think she is a mix, but I have no idea what she could be mixed with? Has anyone tried the genetic testing kits? I am just curious, I love genetics and I am asking you all because you have more expertise.
min this photo she is 8-9 weeks. Her hair is a bit fluffy, her tail is all one color, her paws are chocolate (not black), she doesn’t talk much at all, she is tiny 1.5 pounds, her face and eyes are more round to me than angular and almond shaped. She is not mischievous at all.

Attachments

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, she is a Siamese mix and a darn cute one at that. Both parents must have had points in their gene history for her to have those darling points.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Niki5sims

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh my goodness, she is a Siamese mix and a darn cute one at that. Both parents must have had points in their gene history for her to have those darling points.
She is cute! Thank you!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not mischievous at all? Are you sure she is a kitten? I bet she has at least a little mischief in her :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Niki5sims

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not mischievous at all? Are you sure she is a kitten? I bet she has at least a little mischief in her :)
I guess I have been around too many cats/kittens to know what mischievous is! She bats things around and tries to eat food on the coffee table but she doesn't do anything that damages things or is irritating, Of course, I was raised by hippies so I am pretty mellow. I think I just got lucky with her <3

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say she is a colorpoint domestic short hair. Domestic short hairs can be color points, in fact, it is quite common. Two color point domestic short/longhairs will always produce colorpoints. That's why it's so confusing. A cat can have colorpoint kittens as long as both parents have the color point gene even if they arent colorpoint themselves. Most cats are not a particular breed and impossible to genetic test. This is because how closely related breeds are. It's like dog breeds at all unfortunately. That's why you can genetic test a bengal and will get Egyptian mau listed as the breed as well as bengal. She sure is stunning