Is my kitten a ragdoll

Massyla

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

I recently got a new ragdoll kitten or so we were told. My one concern is that he is not fluffy which is indicating that he may not be a ragdoll. He is so sweet and affectionate that I have a strong feeling he is one but I wanted to reach out to other to get some second opinions. (The pictures aren't very clear cause his eyes were so dilated but his eyes are blue.)

I am not too familiar with cats, our oldest cat is a recue whos just a domestic long haired cat. We got her when she was 2 so I never saw her as a kitten.

Any advice/comments are appreciated!

Attachments

IronCladLou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did the kitty come with papers? If not you could do a genetic blood test. In any case he looks adorable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Massyla

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did the kitty come with papers? If not you could do a genetic blood test. In any case he looks adorable.
No he did not come with any paperwork. I saw his dad and he looked like a ragdoll. I will look into genetic bloodtest. He is veru cute and has an adorable personality!

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Basepaws and other “genetic breed tests” are basically scams. Their small print says that their tests aren’t breed tests, largely because most cats aren’t of a breed, nor have breed heritage. OP, your kitten is a seal (black) point and white domestic shorthair. I don’t see any indication of pedigree ancestry. Unless you’ve seen papers, parents are also most likely domestics without a breed. Mum was definitely shorthair, so your kitten isn’t a ragdoll, even if dad is one (which I doubt).

IronCladLou

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No he did not come with any paperwork. I saw his dad and he looked like a ragdoll. I will look into genetic bloodtest. He is veru cute and has an adorable personality!
On floppycats.com there is a review of a DNA test. I was mistaken, it is a cheek swab and not a blood test. 😁