Is my kitten a ragdoll?

pengypanda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I got this little guy about 2 days ago, he was infested with fleas and pretty low nourished so i brought him home, gave him a bath and hes doing great! Ive looked ocer him and first thought was he looked like a ragdoll but i dont really know what to look for...hes all white except he has a grey tail and cream spots around his face and a small spot of cream on his back, eyes are ice blue right now but could be because hes so young..at least im guessing hes about 5 weeks?

Last edited by a moderator:

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
       Dear Pengypanda,

Kittylove53 here. He is the most adorable kitten, as to weather he is a Ragdoll or not

that would be determined if you got him from a breeder of Ragdolls. There are pointed ones,mitted

ones, or bicolor ones. It is hard to see in the photo. He looks like a long haired cat. If it is at all

possible to take him to the vet as they should be able to identify the type of cat he is. The vet will

check him for you to see what state of health he is in. It is advisable to have him neutered, so that

he doesn't spray all over your home, This will also make him calmer and not want to wander away

looking for a mate. Please keep him indoors safe with you. He is so beautiful and I am sure you

will give him a loving home.  Please forgive my typing as it is late and I am just learning the use

of the way the computer works. Lots of luck with your little angel.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
right, he can either be a Harlequin pattern, and blue eyes because he is young, or he is a point for real, being heavyly mitted (having much white). 

May also possibly be a tortie - it depends if he has really red /creme spots, or if it just seems so...

Tortie males are rare, and if so, they are usually but not always, sterile.

Any way, with time he will need neutering, but not yet...   Most vets arent very good at cat breeds.  Unless they themselves are active in the breeding world.

But a vet check up is not wrong.   :)