Is my kitten a black smoke or tabby black smoke?

Tusia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys. I've recently got a Persian kitten - mom is chinchilla. I was wondering is she a black smoke? There's a tabby pattern on her tail, face and legs.

Also if I'd ever wanted to breed her. Is blue/white or red tabby a good idea? What kittens I could expect?

Regards

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Smokes can’t be tabby, by definition. Looks like a black smoke to me.

As for breeding, wouldn’t recommend it unless you have a mentor, have her pedigree papers and breeding rights, and intend to start showing her as soon as she’s able (generally 3-4 months, depending on registry). That being said, based on her head shape, she’s very much pet class, and shouldn’t be bred, as breeders should work towards the written standard of the breed. Given that you weren’t told the colour of your kitten/given papers with her colour on it likely means she was BYB and/or without papers, so that’s another reason to not breed.
My advice — neuter your kitten. If you’re serious about wanting to breed, approach a reputable breeder for a show neuter, and attend shows with the neuter for a while. That way you’ll meet a lot of people in your breed and should be able to find someone to sell you your first breed class queen with breeding rights, and teach you the ropes.