Is My Kiten A Pure Siamese Cat Or Does She Have Some Mix?

VicJJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys. Not quite sure if this is the right place to ask this. But if someone could, can you please help me identify my new kitten. She is supposed to be a purebred traditional Siamese cat. Though she does seem to be a bit fluffy, and I know Siamese cats are supposed to be sleek. I recently stumbled on some mixed Siamese and Ragdoll cat and some of the kittens online looked alike my kitten. I don’t know if she is fluffy because she’s only 8 weeks old or does she have some other genes.
Her name is Margot and she’s the sweetest thing ever. Super playful tho.
I also saw her mother when I was at the breeder, and she had quite a short fur.
50D0EABE-4E70-449F-9070-2B21E1EBA5C8.jpeg
49031DCF-1DC2-4441-8C95-398C2D7DE665.jpeg
0435E7D3-5A4B-4033-9E78-3F8120967A94.jpeg
D99C9846-40F5-4D53-938F-AF00758AA614.jpeg

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is a cutie and looks Siamese to me. Siamese usually have a very distinctive voice, it is louder and more raspy then most kittens, sometimes they will sound like a baby crying.

She is still very young. All kittens go through the fuzzy stage you will see her true coat shortly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VicJJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is a cutie and looks Siamese to me. Siamese usually have a very distinctive voice, it is louder and more raspy then most kittens, sometimes they will sound like a baby crying.

She is still very young. All kittens go through the fuzzy stage you will see her true coat shortly.

VicJJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thanks.
I know. I was just curious. She definitely meows loudly whenever I leave the room. And yeah it is a distinctive meow, though not like some Siamese cats I have seen online. So idk...

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I replied in your other thread, with several photos of known purebred, fluffy Siamese kittens. OH GOD SHE IS CUTE!

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What an adorable baby, and watching and comparing this little one as she grows will be so fun. Wish I was her Auntie, so I could visit and spoil her properly! I so adore their personalities and color changes as they mature♡♡♡

VicJJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What an adorable baby, and watching and comparing this little one as she grows will be so fun. Wish I was her Auntie, so I could visit and spoil her properly! I so adore their personalities and color changes as they mature♡♡♡
Hi, the human of Max.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello Vicjj and other kitty parents♡
The more I'm around people like us the more I appreciate anyone that is as caring, devoted, kind with any living creature as we all are with our "KIDs. Too bad the rest of the world couldn't focus on helping instead of hurting other living creatures. 2018 could be THAT YEAR!!!

VicJJ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello Vicjj and other kitty parents♡
The more I'm around people like us the more I appreciate anyone that is as caring, devoted, kind with any living creature as we all are with our "KIDs. Too bad the rest of the world couldn't focus on helping instead of hurting other living creatures. 2018 could be THAT YEAR!!!
Absolutely. I’m not quite sure about the 2018 though. Not to get political...but that thing you speak of will happen at the end of our current president’s mandate. You can’t take care of animals if you can’t see past the labels.
Glad to see people waking up though.

By the way, at what age does a Siamese kitten’s baby fur start to get replaced by the shorter, less fuzzier one?

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Www.oldstylesiamese.com has some great eye color information and explains the many variations in the BLUE COLOR.
Years ago I remember reading that only certain breeds have blue eyes and if you came across a tabby say w blue eyes, it most likely would be DEAF. That may have been proven incorrect in the meantime