Is My Cat's Spay Incision Normal?

bellle537

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View media item 422566View media item 422567
Hi, I got my cat spayed about a week and a half ago and I am getting worried about her incision. It has been scabbing and I attached pictures of what it now looks like. She has been acting perfectly fine and has been very active. I was wondering if I needed to be worried and take her to the vet or if it should heal fine. Thanks!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I think it will be ok but I'm not a vet - is that a little swelling on the right hand side (as I'm looking at the photo)?
Would your vet let you send in these photos so they can see them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bellle537

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: She has now tore the scabbing off a bit and it now looks like this.

Attachments

ManuelG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I got my cat spayed about a week and a half ago and I am getting worried about her incision. It has been scabbing and I attached pictures of what it now looks like. She has been acting perfectly fine and has been very active. I was wondering if I needed to be worried and take her to the vet or if it should heal fine. Thanks!
It does not look infected, a bit red'ish and swolen, which happens with ours skin also when we have a cut, maybe a bit of dirt got in/on/around it. Make sure it stays clean, don't let her bite it (she might lick it, which is normal and helps the healing), if it starts swelling too much or look infected see a vet.
Good luck :)