is my cat stressed?

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my 7 month old kitten bast today left a nasty surprise at out bedroom door and i was wondering what is causing the stress? we have a next door neigbour cat who meows outside late at night and poops on our doormat, the next door neigbours don't let their cat in when it cries outside and i think that it is causing my kitten a lot of stress, i have tried trying to shoo the cat away but it just comes back, what do you think i should do? i am thinking about talking to the neigbours about their cat pooping outside my flat and the meowing too.

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree you should talk to your neighbors about that. They need to let the cat in at night because it's obviously causing a problem. An even better question: why do they own a cat if it's outside day AND night? They basically have a stray cat that they feed, from what I'm understanding.

If your neighbors aren't total jerks, they should comply and invite the cat in at night. Hopefully they just never noticed how loud the cat could get.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rad65

I agree you should talk to your neighbors about that. They need to let the cat in at night because it's obviously causing a problem. An even better question: why do they own a cat if it's outside day AND night? They basically have a stray cat that they feed, from what I'm understanding.

If your neighbors aren't total jerks, they should comply and invite the cat in at night. Hopefully they just never noticed how loud the cat could get.
yeah the cats moaning can be heard from my front room, i am sure other people can hear it in the block aswell, as it's a closed block of flats.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The first step indeed would be to talk to your neighbors. If that doesn't work, you may have to come up with ways to create a better separation between that area right by the door and your cat.

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i have another dilemma right now, the cat has been outside our window for 4 hours straight meowing constantly, i gave him some food and shooed him away but he won't leave, it is 4am here now and the cat is still outside our window i think this cat really doesn't have a home or is a missing cat, he has no collar, my kitten bast hissed at him when he saw him in the window, he don't look malnutritioned and he looks quite healthy a pure white cat with one blue eye and one green, i really think that cat was abandoned by someone in this area or missing, we are thinking of calling the RSPCA to come and collect the cat but i fear that they will destroy him and i don't want that, we can't look after it as we can't afford another cat so what should i do

the first thing i can do is to knock on some peoples door tomrrow to see if they own this cat and if no one does i will see what else i can do.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Sounds like he may be lost indeed. Is he neutered? If he's not, than this can be extremely intimidating and stressful for your cat. If you do manage to find the owners, then make sure they neuter him (if he's not). If he is a homeless stray, calling the RSPCA will probably be the kindest thing - he will get shelter, food and water and medical care, even if they end up euthanizing him. I hope they will try to adopt him out if possible.

chinacat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If the cat doesn't belong to any of your neighbours & you think that he may be lost it might be worth checking a site called Animal Search UK to see if anyone in the area has reported him missing.
Also most vets will scan him for free to see if he has been micro-chipped.
During the summer there was a cat in our street who was lost or had been abandoned. He was healthy looking, very friendly but dirty and very hungry. I called Cats Protection and the RSPCA but they couldn't take him in as the rehoming centres were full so don't be too surprised if they can't help.
I fed him for a few days and eventually he found a permanent home with someone who lives in the street. He still turns up at my door sometimes to see if he'll get any food, cheeky thing!

http://www.animalsearchuk.co.uk/

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i just found out today that the cat does belong to someone where i live, but they are at work so that's why they never answered the door, i am going to try and knock on their door in the evening or something to resolve this as i know that cat will be back tonight.