Is My Cat Sick?

Unreacheabledreams

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey...
So my 9 month's old cat has been acting weird since yesterday. She's been clingier than usual, and she's meowing in a weird way. She doesn't get up much and she's always laying on her stomach or on her sides (she lays down on her back usually). While petting her today, it felt like she's warmer than usual... she's been very lazy today and isn't eating much. I don't know what's wrong with her. Is she sick? :/

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She sounds under the weather to me. If she was my cat I would make a vet appointment for her as soon as possible (24-48 hours tops). If she isn't eating at all or has problems in the litter box I would take her in as an emergency and not leave until my vet could see her.

oyster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your gut feeling should tell you if she's sick. You know her better than I. :) Anyway, we always take ours to the vet if they stop eating or urinate outside the litter box. Offer her some food mixed with a little tuna and she if she eats it. Offer her her regular food. If she is being picky, you should take her to the vet. Cats cannot afford to skip meals.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any change in behavior, litter box, eating, or play habits is cause for concern. I hope you've gotten her to the vet by now.