Is My Cat Siamese Mix?

Laurenn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! We recently adopted a cute 3 month old kitty from the local shelter, and the staff were using a term I’ve never heard of to describe her. I’ve totally forgotten what term they used, so wondering if anyone could help? To me she looks a bit Siamese (lilac point?). She is the most loving cat I have ever had and acts almost like a dog at times! She follows me from room to room and loves attention and being held and pet. She is also very vocal. Anyone any ideas, just to appease my curiosity?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone! We recently adopted a cute 3 month old kitty from the local shelter, and the staff were using a term I’ve never heard of to describe her. I’ve totally forgotten what term they used, so wondering if anyone could help? To me she looks a bit Siamese (lilac point?). She is the most loving cat I have ever had and acts almost like a dog at times! She follows me from room to room and loves attention and being held and pet. She is also very vocal. Anyone any ideas, just to appease my curiosity?
I think the term they used was "adorable".

My, she's cute! What will you name her? :hearthrob:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Laurenn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! :redheartpump::redheartpump: She is very adorable indeed! We decided on the name Ash because of her coloring. Her nickname is Little-Legs because she has tiny short legs in comparison with her body! Love her so much!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like a very self-assured little athlete to me!

There are lots of lovers of pointed cats on this site (me included), I'll bet they will chime in soon to also interact with you!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think she could definitely have some Siamese in her! She looks very much like a Siamese, in the old style. I would say she’s a blue point; lilacs would be lighter. She looks so playful and sweet!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she could definitely have some Siamese in her! She looks very much like a Siamese, in the old style. I would say she’s a blue point; lilacs would be lighter. She looks so playful and sweet!
abyeb abyeb - I agree absolutely - she's a Blue Point; at this age, Lilac Points are still extremely pale.

Laurenn Laurenn - Personally, I'm not seeing the "mix" here. Her bone structure is strikingly fine; her points are sharply defined with the tiny exception of a "flush" across her cheeks, and her ears are very well-set. If she were a pedigreed Siamese, would she win Best Kitten Nationally? No - but she'd score well up in the top quarter in most local and Regional shows. This is a stunning little girl; a lovely old style (i.e. "Applehead") kitten.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Laurenn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
abyeb abyeb - I agree absolutely - she's a Blue Point; at this age, Lilac Points are still extremely pale.

Laurenn Laurenn - Personally, I'm not seeing the "mix" here. Her bone structure is strikingly fine; her points are sharply defined with the tiny exception of a "flush" across her cheeks, and her ears are very well-set. If she were a pedigreed Siamese, would she win Best Kitten Nationally? No - but she'd score well up in the top quarter in most local and Regional shows. This is a stunning little girl; a lovely old style (i.e. "Applehead") kitten.
Thank you all so much for your replies! When we adopted her, the paperwork said “domestic shorthair mix”, so I just presumed she was a mix of breeds. Her tail has really faint lined markings on the tip so we wondered if this was the ‘mix’.

This is really interesting to find out, so thank you! She does look just like a blue point when I’ve done a bit of Google-ing. We won’t be entering her for any shows or competitions, she wins first prize every time in our eyes :blush: Do you think her markings will darken with time? We’ve had her almost a month already and I’m convinced the gray has darkened, but my husband doesn’t see it!

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
But she will turn very dark as she grows older. I think she'll eventually be a chocolate point.