is my cat safe outside?

rebecca96

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Recently there has been again where the neighbourhood cats come into our garden (there are 7/8) and recently aka yesterday one of the cats was on top of her and a tabby cat had her by her neck, bating in mind she can still get pregnant, I don't know what else to do, we try to keep her in but she is just meowing too loud at night and my dad puts her outside, this cat is mainly for my brother because he has autism so if anyone has any ideas on how to keep our cat safe please tell me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rebecca96

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am also having sleepless nights worrying about this because this has happened before and socks the cat went away for 3 weeks because she was Pregnant, she came back to us really thin and we all were so scared and now its happening again

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please spay your female cat. It will solve the constant meowing from being in heat and trying to go outside to mate with any male she comes across.

malt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Get your cat fixed! Not only is she at risk from long and short term health problems from mating and having kittens, which can lead to illness and injury, she's also at risk of being rescued by a good samaritan. You said she was pregnant and went missing for 3 weeks and came back very skinny - if I saw a skinny mother cat with seemingly no home, I would catch her and her kittens and rehome/adopt them. In fact, that's exactly how I got the cat I have now. 

Getting her spayed will stop her from meowing so loud to go out all the time, as well as calm her down in general. She won't be frustrated and stressed from being in heat so she'll be a better companion animal. 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Please get you cat spayed. If you think she mated recently you need to do it this week or she'll be pregnant again. It's really sad to think of her running off and having her kittens outside. Imagine what happened to them, poor little things!

It's too dangerous for your cat to go outside like that. She could be hit by a car, attacked by a dog or killed by another animal. She's also at serious risk of disease from other cats if you let her go out and mate.

If your parents or brother won't take proper care of her you'll have to be the adult and make sure she is kept safe. Goggle low cost spay and neuter clinics in your town and make an appointment for her.

Please, please don't let her go outside. Cats die that way all the time.