Is my cat pregnant?!

Lululu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all, I’m sorry if this is quite a regular post. I adopted a cat two weeks ago. She hasn’t been spayed and has been allowed out. She has already had one litter - she’s two years old. I’ve the lat couple of weeks I’ve noticed pink, protruding nipples and a slight swell around the middle. She’s sleeping a lot and food intake has increased. I have zero experience of cat pregnancy, and because of lockdown I can get an ultra sound... any feed back would be super welcome,
Many thanks in advance

Attachments

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she was allowed out and not spayed she could be.. its that time of year where cats have lots of litters, rescues get overwhelmed and shelters close for intakes lol. Are you wanting kittens? Even if she is pregnant she is early enough to get spayed without any complications if you can find a vet who is still spaying/neutering.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lululu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I’d love to let her have kittens. I would happily find loving homes for them and it’s a good biology lesson for my 3 year old! I’ll get her spayed after this litter though, as o was planning to when I got her. I’m wondering how far along she is and if her nipples are very pregnant looking or not...

happykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She looks pregnant. If you don't feel any movement from babies then probably has 2 weeks or so to go.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She looks pregnant to me, and it sounds like she’s a good 5-6 weeks along at least. It’s difficult to say for sure, but cats begin to show at 5 weeks. Normal cat pregnancy runs 63-68 days, so she may have a few weeks left. Check out our article sections at the top of the forum, and thank you for adopting her! :)

Lululu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your replies and the direction to the articles. I’ll keep a close eye on her. I had a chat with the local vet and got her registered. They said if there was any emergency with the pregnancy they will advise, and or, give her treatment, so fingers crossed she’ll have a safe delivery :)

Lululu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We’ve only had her two weeks and it isn’t the route we’d have chosen. I would have had her spayed, not bred her, but as things are the way they are I’m happy to embrace the experience. We are fortunate to be able to provide her with the care and support she needs. My Hubby’s a doctor so he will be keeping a close eye on her too. Looking at her this morning she has a waddle! Everyday she’s getting bigger.

Lululu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
update, she seems visibly biggger
today and we think we are seeing movement! So maybe she’s around 7 weeks. She poking around corners a lot too!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you are seeing movement then she may only have a couple of weeks left. Get her a nest set up in a quiet, dark, private place and show it to her. I used a closet. :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please be sure to keep her 100% inside until she has delivered and then been fixed. Glad that she found you!

Lululu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It’s amazing that just a few days ago I wasn’t sure if she was even pregnant, now she’s massive, eating everything and has visible movement. I’ve not had much luck with the birthing suite. I’ve tried two places but she doesn’t seem interested. She like a corner of my dads room (he’s been living woth us since uk went into lockdown) but he’s not keen on her having them in there. She seems to like the utility room so I may clear that out for her today and see if that becomes a place she favours :)

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am we’re you were a week ago with my cat. I feel so frustrated that I don’t no for sure if she’s pregnant. Good luck with your little lady. Keep us updated xx

Lululu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ooo good luck too! I hope you find out soon! Will keep you posted :)

Lululu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey! Still pregnant! No babies yet! 😻

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Little Aura is very clingy today, quite playful and seemingly on high alert, non of which is that typical for her...and she’s huge!
Hope everything gos well for her. My queen is massive now!