Is my cat pregnant?

Lilpeanut

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Brilliant! Good luck. Send photos!! 😆
Still waiting, she went into labour about 145pm Sydney Australia time... the first kitten was breach and got stuck, took her to the vet, thry did an ultrasound and said take her home and wait.... 5hrs later, still nothing 😥

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still waiting, she went into labour about 145pm Sydney Australia time... the first kitten was breach and got stuck, took her to the vet, thry did an ultrasound and said take her home and wait.... 5hrs later, still nothing 😥
Hope u and her are ok x

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any news yet? Xx

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
3 kittens just born and def more to come! She has gotten so tired and is sleeping and shivering! Is this normal?

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had to cut all cords and all the messy work and she didn’t eat any placentas. Is that normal?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she is inexperienced and also may be feeling unwell. Offer her some kitten formula to drink. She may need the calcium boost. Is she still shivering? It’s a bit concerning.

Are the kittens nursing well?

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she is inexperienced and also may be feeling unwell. Offer her some kitten formula to drink. She may need the calcium boost. Is she still shivering? It’s a bit concerning.

4th kitten came out fully but not placenta and is still cord attached what should I do? Do I cut cord still or gently pull or wait?

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The cat was so tired she kept getting the 4th out then it went back in because she wouldn’t stand up then it came and placenta got stuck. Worst 29minutes of my life! I had to lift her and hold her standing to get gravity to help. So it came out thankfully and kittens n mum r sleeping 😴 I wish this was the last 1 but I don’t think it is. She is just to tired and wants me to do everything from cords to cleaning baby’s. She is great once they are feeding she cuddles and cleans them then. On the plus side she has purred throughout and seems in love with her baby’s

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

She ate a pouch food after the first 3 were born. The shaking has stopped now but she’s very tired and hasn’t ate any placenta. Should I put them in a feeding bowl to encourage her to eat them or just bin?

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Kittens are feeding although I’m not sure milk is come out. I gave formula here and will give them all a feed later just to make sure they are ok.

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Everything seemed fine but all of a sudden mum was panting and threw up. Is this normal almost 24 hours after birth?

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything seemed fine but all of a sudden mum was panting and threw up. Is this normal almost 24 hours after birth?
No that's not normal. A good rule of thumb is "when in doubt, call your vet".

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No. How is she now? Can you get her to drink a dish of KMR? She may need calcium.

Mileka

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has slept a lot and has licked some wet food. I had been given her the kitten milk since yesterday just to keep her strength up. She seems better at the moment so hopefully she’s ok. Is there anything I should or shouldn’t be doing for her and the kittens? When do I worm or flea them?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Unless the kittens have issues, they can wait to be wormed at 8 weeks when they see the vet for first vaccines. If mom has fleas, a tube of Advantage II for cats is okay on the back of her neck. The kittens are too young for flea meds right now, but Advantage on mom will help the kittens. Otherwise, just keep an eye on mom.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has slept a lot and has licked some wet food. I had been given her the kitten milk since yesterday just to keep her strength up. She seems better at the moment so hopefully she’s ok. Is there anything I should or shouldn’t be doing for her and the kittens? When do I worm or flea them?
Yes, keep a close eye on them. If she is ill she may not nurse them and you will have to step in.

Did you contact your vet about her panting and vomiting?