Is My Cat Pregnant?

Muesli

Muesli
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_6718.JPG I adopted a stray cat about 3 months ago and took her to the vet a month later who said she'd been spayed. About 3 weeks ago she was acting very friskyand my husband thought he saw her mating outside (the males were very noisy!) now her nipples seem big and her coat is very glossy. She is sleeping a lot but her tummy isn't any bigger yet. Any thoughts?!

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
View attachment 274414 I adopted a stray cat about 3 months ago and took her to the vet a month later who said she'd been spayed. About 3 weeks ago she was acting very friskyand my husband thought he saw her mating outside (the males were very noisy!) now her nipples seem big and her coat is very glossy. She is sleeping a lot but her tummy isn't any bigger yet. Any thoughts?!
Hi, considering she is comfortable enough for you to touch around her nipples, take this opportunity and look for a spay incision:

How to Tell if a Cat Is Spayed

Those do look like pregnant kitty nipples to me though... or one giant cat with normal sized nipples :whiskers: lol

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
If the vet said that she’s been spayed, then she probably has been. Although it’s possible that the spay was “incomplete” (meaning that a little bit of tissue was left over- called ovarian remnant syndrome), this isn’t very common, and ORS can cause spayed female cats to go through heat cycles, but I don’t think it’s possible for them to actually become pregnant. Intact males will try to mate with spayed females; they can’t tell the difference.