is my cat part RB/Korat/Chartreux???

bannanababy146

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I have an 8 year old cat we adopted from a shelter. My family has always wondered if he had a bit of RB in him and I wanted to get people's opinion. I know he's obviously a domestic mixed cat but I think he has a little of something like RB or Krorat. He displays their characteristics: fetches, very friendly, the color, very soft fur, faintly striped tail, he's picked a "special person" that he follows around. I've looked at a lot of pictures and descriptions of blue cats and I'm not well versed in the area so I can't figure out what he might be. He's a little stockier so that led me to think he might be a chartreux...but I think he's just overweight (He's on a diet now). To me his face looks more like a RB or korat but I really have no idea. I'm just interested in your opinions! He has a fb (yeah I'm pretty obsessed with him...) if you want to se a bunch of pictures! Thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=614815922

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Korats & Chartroux are rare, very small chance of having any of that in him.

His face is slightly Russian in type, but the Aussie RUS, not US but again Russians are not overly common so more than likely he is "just" a blue dommie.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Korats & Chartroux are rare, very small chance of having any of that in him.

His face is slightly Russian in type, but the Aussie RUS, not US but again Russians are not overly common so more than likely he is "just" a blue dommie.
Agreeing. You can call him a look alike of a Russian the European type, perhaps even the scandinavian type. if you wish.   Or Australian type if you prefer to believe in Missymotus!   :)

Rather fatty on some pictures ("excellent appetite" as a European Judge wrote once!  :)  ), more "normal" on other pictures. Quite a lot of russian look there.

- Russians are supposed to be rather slender, muscular but elegant.

Congrats to both your fine cats!  

Ps.. Welcome to the  TCS  site and Forums!

Last edited: