Is my cat not grooming properly?

mozzicat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

i have a ~5 year old turkish angora mix that has had IBD for about a year at this point (probably some kind of allergy :( )
He is on medication for it, a very low dose that I mix into his food once a day.
In the past 6 months or so his fur has started looking like what you see in the pictures 🥺
I see him groom every day, is he not doing it properly or is there something else going on? :(
Thank you so much for your help!

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, my goodness, he's a bud to my Poppycat :)
Can you help him out with brushing? It makes quite a difference in Poppy's coat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mozzicat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my goodness, he's a bud to my Poppycat :)
Can you help him out with brushing? It makes quite a difference in Poppy's coat.
my boy is very afraid of people and allows me to pet him very seldomly 😞 I'm able to brush his back and tail but his belly... he'd never let me 🥺 Should I take him to the vet for grooming? I'm very confused because his fur has never been this... clumpy (?)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you can, a groomer would definitely help. See if you can use a favorite treat combined with short brushing sessions so he hopefully becomes a little more accommodating :)

You might also check if the groomer suggests a calming product to help ease his stress :heartshape: