Is My Cat In Labour ?

Lunaxxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat was out between the 12th and 18th of July, after she came in she has defineitly shown signs of pregnancy. This means she should be due any day from this week forth.

Today she has been very clingy and will lay on her side if we stroke her belly, However we are not sure if she is nearing labour as she hasn't shown any obvious signs.

She has been relaxed but not in any specific place as she keeps getting up and pacing to another place in the house to sleep. We have a male cat too but we have separated them as she has been hissing and hitting him for the past week or so. My cat is currently in the box we set up for her labour and she is purring but keeps getting out every so often to get on my lap and be stroked. She is acting A lot different than usual. I.e being very aware of her surroundings and always wanting to be close by to us. She does a lot of licking on her stomach and has been eating normal.

We have been looking and she has a small amount of discharge and what looks to be a really tiny black ball ?

I was wondering if any body has any advice or knows if she is in early stages of labour ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lunaxxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thankyou, she's still very relaxed and not panting.

We are more confused as she has had kittens once before and she didn't show signs. She was lay on our knee as we stroked her. She then jumped down and lay ont he floor, we noticed she was acting more wierd than normal and she kept looking towards her genitals, she stood up and moved and we noticed her waters had broke.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just like with women, every pregnancy is different.

Do you plan on spaying her after this litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lunaxxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she is getting spayed as soon as we can after this litter. I saw her looking for a nesting place just after eating so I put her into the box and have stroked her, however what confused me is that her stomach moved fast and I thought it was a contraction but she hasn't had any more since but is now lay in the box staring at the side and isn't doing anything ?

Any advice ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's probably pre-labor, sort of like the Braxton Hicks contractions that women get.

It's just a waiting game at this point. :)