Is my cat half bengal or bsh tabby?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aw, this should have come with a cuteness warning! Looks like DSH to me. So very adorable and look at those pink toes!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Billy Bengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aw, this should have come with a cuteness warning! Looks like DSH to me. So very adorable and look at those pink toes!
Ah thank you 😊 he is a cutie! I saw the mum who was a black bsh, but didn't see dad who was supposed to be bengal! So really unsure. He has all the bengal traits! So different to my other 3 cats! But who knows 😬

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Billy Bengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah thank you 😊 he is a cutie! I saw the mum who was a black bsh, but didn't see dad who was supposed to be bengal! So really unsure. He has all the bengal traits! So different to my other 3 cats! But who knows 😬

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Spots on belly sre typical for most tabbies

platty

Hobbyist Bengal Cat Breeder
Adult Cat
Purraise
You can actually pay online for a cat DNA test it's not that much and you get a report from them showing the percentages of the cats breed, it seems really intriguing to me, but it depends if you want to pay them 🫣 either way your cats lovely looking

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You can actually pay online for a cat DNA test it's not that much and you get a report from them showing the percentages of the cats breed, it seems really intriguing to me, but it depends if you want to pay them 🫣 either way your cats lovely looking
Basepaws isn't actually a breed test if you read the fine print and it links your cat's DNA to "closest" breed, it's very misleading as you end up with people thinking their domestic is part Maine Coon, part Bengal, part BSH, etc. It's more of a scam for pet owners than anything.

platty

Hobbyist Bengal Cat Breeder
Adult Cat
Purraise
Basepaws isn't actually a breed test if you read the fine print and it links your cat's DNA to "closest" breed, it's very misleading as you end up with people thinking their domestic is part Maine Coon, part Bengal, part BSH, etc. It's more of a scam for pet owners than anything.
Ahh I see just goes to show when they use clever marketing techniques 😸