Is My Cat Going Into Labor/giving Birth Now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay so peaches has a bit of an eye problem
Her left eye has opened completely but it keeps crusting shut and I have to use a warm towel every 30 minutes to get it off
Is there anything else I can do to help her out or is this basically it?

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She needs an antibiotic eye ointment. Terramycin should help, but I would really recommend that you find a way to get them to the vet.
How much would it cost to take the mom and 2 kittens?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know, unfortunately. You can call vets and ask what they could do to work with you.

Hopefully they would only charge you one office visit. You could try the terramycin eye ointment first to see if it helps.

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment | Terramycin Eye Ointment
Could I use this?
I cant afford any vets here I called 4 and each is $45-54 for the exam for each of them plus a $30-60 medication for each of them
Anyways thats what my brother is buying for the kittens is that going to heal peaches pink eye?

DaysinMaine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment | Terramycin Eye Ointment
Could I use this?
I cant afford any vets here I called 4 and each is $45-54 for the exam for each of them plus a $30-60 medication for each of them
Anyways thats what my brother is buying for the kittens is that going to heal peaches pink eye?
That will work. I have used that for years on foster kittens. I would make sure no other symptoms persist that could be indicative of a uri.

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She sneezes alot so i am worried but 3 days ago she was wheezing and throwing up and all the bad stuff and I was going to take her to the vet when my mom got home with the car but she got better and she hasnt thrown up since then or wheezed but she still sneezes so I stopped using my air conditioner and I have her on a heating blanket she seems to be doing alot better but if she gets back to that I cant afford to take her to the vet (Im a teenager and I dont have a job and my mom doesnt want to pay for a vet visit since she found out how expensive it is here) so what should I do to help if she starts wheezing again?

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The eye drops will hopefully help to clear up the sneezes as well. It's all connected so chances are the sneezing is because of the gooey eyes travelling back into the nasal passages, blocking them up, so it has to be sneezed out. As it all starts to clear hopefully the wheezing will clear too. Fingers crossed and sending love.

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The eye drops will hopefully help to clear up the sneezes as well. It's all connected so chances are the sneezing is because of the gooey eyes travelling back into the nasal passages, blocking them up, so it has to be sneezed out. As it all starts to clear hopefully the wheezing will clear too. Fingers crossed and sending love.
Thank you so much
Hope all is well with your babies :D

AmyQ

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your welcome. I've had rescue cats with similar symptoms and 9 times out of 10 eye drops are enough.
Oh they're doing great thanks, growing up too fast!

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your welcome. I've had rescue cats with similar symptoms and 9 times out of 10 eye drops are enough.
Oh they're doing great thanks, growing up too fast!
They are all so darn cute are you going to keep any of them?
What kind of eyedrops did you use? Anything I could get from the store because the medicine wont be here for about a week since I ordered it offline

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I cant afford a vet visit Im a teenager and my parents dont want to spend $47 x2 plus $50 to treat their pink eye
So does anyone have any at home remedies to help them out? Zemi and peaches both have it in one eye and Ive been using a wet warm towel to unstick their eyes so they can open them but they stick shut again in about 20 minutes is there anything else I can do for them? Ive seen the eye cream online but I cant find it in stores anywhere near me and I dont have a card to order anything online.

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have the vinegar could I use that on a kitten though? They are 14 days old

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have sweet tea bags would that work? I dont have the other kind I could get some tomorrow for sure though thank you for your help :D

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If it's pre-sweetened, that won't really work either.
I could get some tomorrow for sure though
this is probably your best course of action, and keep gently dealing with the crusties so that their eyes don't get sealed shut in the meantime - poor babies. They are so lucky to have you!!

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have the iced tea brew from the essential everyday brand its not pre sweetened