Is my cat.. getting fat?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is getting a second cat an option? It could be that she is just lonely. A second cat could help with that. You could also try getting a nice size aquarium (at least 10 gallons) with a sturdy lid. The aquarium always seems to keep my little one occupied when she is bored.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This retailer might have something for you for chews - I've used some of their other products and like them (not affiliated with them).
Stress & Anxiety Support for Cats

Also, along with the music I mentioned in my post above which can be surprisingly effecting in helping a cat to become more relaxed, here is a list of calming products. My Poppycat didn't respond to pheromone type products at all positively--with Feliway he just sort of hunched into himself 'til I removed him from the area where it was being used (a vet clinic), and he'd leave the room where I tried Comfort Zone at the house.

Only Natural Pet has a calming product called Just Relax Calming spray with essential oil (catnip oil)--see their link I gave you above.

There's this one, be sure and scroll all the way down the page;
www.bachflower.com

Also, there is ThunderWunders calming chews, Richard's Organic Pet Calm drops, Naturevet Hemp, HomeoPet Anxiety Relief, Head to Tail Calming, Relaxivet Quiet Moments Cat treats, GNC Calming formula, and there is Calm-o-mile, Natures Miracle calming spray, Vetri-Science's Composure is another item to look at, Pet Remedy - UK (it has valerian) is yet another, as is Essential Pet Pet-eze, Pet Organics No Stress, Only Natural Pet (brand and website) has other calming products, Pet Naturals also has one I believe, and there are others.

Lambert Vet Supply is a website to look at, and of course chewy, also there's Petwishpros, animaleo, 1-800-petmeds, Petco and PetSmart, and other pet stores.

This post talks about some other products; (sorry for the big bold font I'm on my phone and can't get it to cooperate)
Calming Treats For A Very Picky Cat

Additional, maybe there is something here that might help;
Financial Aid for Pets

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

About Waggle | Vet Financial Assistance | Financial Aid For Pets

5 Ways to Pay for Vet Costs
Thank you, I decided on some vetriscience chews and some calming hemp spray. I hope they help. Thank you for all the tips, I will be trying out the music for her tonight. I just want her to be calm, happy, and healthy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kat003

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is getting a second cat an option? It could be that she is just lonely. A second cat could help with that. You could also try getting a nice size aquarium (at least 10 gallons) with a sturdy lid. The aquarium always seems to keep my little one occupied when she is bored.
We have 2 other cats and they don't get along. We have a lizard in my room that she likes to stalk, it keeps her busy but when I leave she still freaks out.