Is my cat a turkish angora?

chbates23

Cat Lover since '93
Kitten
Purraise
My mom and I found her in our backyard one day, but due to our neighborhood having a large number of street cats and outdoor cats. We left her alone thinking someone would definitely come and claim this beautiful cat, but no one ever did. She ended up staying outside alone for almost a full week before my mom and I decided to just bring her in, feed and love her. We eventually got attached and she ended up staying with us. That was in October, fast forward to now, beginning of February. She ended up getting pregnant while on the street and had her kittens towards the end of November. I've also added photos of her kittens, she had 3 of them. 2 of them had long hair and 1 had short hair. All were white. A long haired kittie had 1 blue eye and 1 green eye.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Where do you live?
To your question; nay, judging from her face, she isnt no angora. She has sooner persian features. Either a near ancestry, or a some variant of old type persian... IF so, may even be purebred. That is in part why I ask where you live, in many countries its the old type persian which is the most common, for example the Shirazi Persian. She may even be purebred, because she is probably homozygot for all white. as all 3 kittens become white. They themselves are prob now heterozygote for white.

The father was a shorthair, but he apparently carried the longhair gene him too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chbates23

Cat Lover since '93
Kitten
Purraise
Where do you live?
To your question; nay, judging from her face, she isnt no angora. She has sooner persian features. Either a near ancestry, or a some variant of old type persian... IF so, may even be purebred. That is in part why I ask where you live, in many countries its the old type persian which is the most common, for example the Shirazi Persian. She may even be purebred, because she is probably homozygot for all white. as all 3 kittens become white. They themselves are prob now heterozygote for white.

The father was a shorthair, but he apparently carried the longhair gene him too.
I live in a city in Canada called Winnipeg.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chbates23

Cat Lover since '93
Kitten
Purraise
WHAT BEAUTIFUL BABIES! I’m such an advocate for DNA panels for precise info, but as per my iPhone: View attachment 469838View attachment 469839
Thank you for the lovely comment 😊
And I also did one of those cat app things and got a turkish angora, I've read a bit about their personalities and their characteristics, it all sounds a lot like my Catherine to me .. she's VERY attached to me, she is always by my side, she's beside me right now as a matter of fact lol. But seriously no matter where I go in the house she will follow me, watch me use the bathroom because when I go in there without her shell cry for me while I'm in there. Lol 🙄😂 Her fur is always super silky smooth even when I forget to brush or comb her for a week or two..

Attachments