Is my cat a Russian Blue Mix

hannahcompi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,
I know it's very unlikely that my cat I adopted from a shelter is a full blooded Russian Blue, but I wanted to ask what everyone else thinks. I deserpately looked around for this breed because my boyfriend is allergic to cats and I knew that that breed carried less allergens. My cat Tuesday is 2 years old now and she doesn't bother anyone I know who has allergies so I'm curious if I just got lucky. I founder her by searching Russian Blues near me but the shelter just labeled her as a domestic shorthair. She's super soft, her coat is unlike any other cat I've pet/ see. Nearly pure grey, except she has a few faint darker grey rings on her tail and has greenish yellow eyes. She behaves exactly as Russian Blue usually do: particular about her litter box, shy around new people but super loyal to me and pretty talkative.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hannahcompi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also her eyes are a little unique because she's blind in her right (our left) eye

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Purebred RB arent blind on one eye.   [I know, a rather bad joke].

That said, she could surely get a job as a stand in for a pet quality RB, the european style "from the Old Country", not the american style.

The overall looks are decent, but RB tend to be elegant, nicely muscled but yet rather sleek.   I had known fatty RB females ( "excellent appetite" did the judge wrote), but having all papers just so, you can allow yourself to be less than perfect.

But she perhaps had a two-three litters??

A wannabe must be perfect to be accepted into the company...

Im glad and happy you not only got your family a splendid family member, but also, she is OK for allergics.

Even with RB its individual:  nobody ever reacted on me, although our young stud loved to nap on his Dads trousers.  So I do agree with you.

But the dau of his breeders, were severely allergic to all of the family RB, but not to their birma resident...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hannahcompi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Haha she went blind because of an eye infection not genetics